Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard)

Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/

Yes, the fourth installment of the Die Hard series is now in production, due for release later next year.

Of course I'll be looking forward to this, but I'm not sure about Bruce Willis' bald head. 8-) {:)

brucewillisuz4.jpg livefreeordieharddu8.jpg

What do you guys think?
"Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    He was a baldie mostly in Pulp Fiction and the epitome of cool, however, in these shots it must be said he looks less than cool.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    He was a baldie mostly in Pulp Fiction and the epitome of cool, however, in these shots it must be said he looks less than cool.

Looks like he's put on a few pounds as well. Got to get into the gym, Bruce.
    I like Willis. He's a good actor in smaller films like Pulp Fiction or Nobody's Fool. But his action flicks, like most action flicks, are strictly by-the-numbers, special effect-laden yawnfests, to me.
  • ant007ukant007uk Great BritainPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    I'll be looking 4ward to this. I've just watched 16 Blocks with good ol' Brucie, I quite enjoyed it. Die Hard 4 is directed by Len Weisman of Underworld 1&2 fame, so there should be plenty of action.

Ant.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Not sure if I'll see this or not. I'll wait and see what it looks like on screen.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Is John McTiernan directing? He's been hit or miss in my eyes (I loathed Thomas Crown Affair and 13th Warrior) but I enjoyed his Die Hard films.
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Yippee Kayay, Mother F***er!
    darenhat wrote:
    Is John McTiernan directing? He's been hit or miss in my eyes (I loathed Thomas Crown Affair and 13th Warrior) but I enjoyed his Die Hard films.

No he isn't. He is a producer on it though. Len Wiseman is directing this film.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I LOVE all three Die Hards, but he looks awful in those shots. Still, it may be good regardless.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I'll more than likely check it out.

I just hope that Willis can go out on an action star high note. I like him but he's pretty past tense now...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    I am a huge action fan and I absolutely adore the Die Hard films (especially number 1, which completely changed my life and was arguably the greatest action film of all time) and I also love Willis. I think that he still has plenty of great action films left in him. 16 Blocks was terrific IMO.

My one concern is the plot. That is, its use of technology (an Internet-based terrorist organization? :o) which just seems to me to be quite stupid. The whole point of the earlier films was that while McClane was great at what he did, he was still an 'ordinary' man thrust into extraordinary situations. It appears that this film may change that. Regardless, I would hope that Die Hard 4 still allows McClane to get his hands dirty. It is still an action film. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:

Didnt that guy stop directing movies after he was involved in some scandal about spying on his wife?

And yeah, Thomas Crown affair was a miss.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Trailer available online now; enjoy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/livefreeordiehard.html
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I'm kinda curious as to whether or not they're trying to resurrect the series. I mean, didn't the last one come out like 10 years ago?
    DAWUSS wrote:
    I'm kinda curious as to whether or not they're trying to resurrect the series. I mean, didn't the last one come out like 10 years ago?

It came out in 1995 I think. So about 12 years ago.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:
    I hope they do resurrect the series. I adore the Die Hard films and nothing woiuld please me more than seeing a few more Die Hard films. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Many months later and Die Hard 4.0 or live free... doesn't match up to the others. Tut, Tut, Tut :v
    207qoznfl4.gif
    Well since this thread is back I guess it's time to annouce the DVD. The Unrated DVD will be released in the USA on Nov 20th. I don't know how much more the Unrated DVD will have. I guess We'll have to wait and see

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Free-Die-Hard-Two-Disc/dp/B000VNMMRA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-2226866-8894439?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1191312290&sr=8-2