Why not make Bond 22+ a film from a book?

2»

Comments

• Slyguy3129Slyguy3129 Posts: 58MI6 Agent
    WOW having re-read my post I had an idea.

Sub CR for the previous series OHMSS, the next film be a sort of adaptation to YOLT followed and ending Craigs tenur as Bond with an adaptation of TMWTGG. If Craig truely only does 3 films, as dissapointing as that would be, doing his three films this way might leave a permenate mark on the history of Bond.

But again thats just MHO, it would be nice. Seeing as all you would really have to do is sub places ect ect. Vesper for Tracy, CR for OHMSS, maybe a different local for YOLT but with the same idea, telling the story of Japaneses honor, which is what intrested me the most in the book, along with the finale and Bond's near death and amnisia. TMWTGG could be done afterwards of course having Bond searching for himself, getting captured and brainwashed by terrorist or Russians and tries to Murder M would make an excellent PTS for his final film.
  • wollastonbluewollastonblue Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Having re-read a lot of the Gardner and Benson Novels. My Personal thing would be for Bond 22 to be License Renewed. Mind you they should have done that instead of CR.
    With the sad loss of Desmond Llewllyn, Anne Reilly (Q'ute) is just what we need to bring a new lease of life into the series. License Renewed is a timeless story, and would work great as a film.
    Depending on how many films DC has signed up for, they could make High Time to Kill, bring in a new enemy for Bond with the Union, which could then run with into Doubleshot.
    I believe that remaking any of the Bonds that have already be a big mistake for the general public, rather than us Bond purists. While TMWTGG is nothing like the Fleming Book, its still a great movie, and the titles do say that the movie is based on the novel. Most movies are based on novels, and most of the time the novels are better the movies, like the Harry Potter films.
    Move Bond forward in to the new millenium without looking back to Fleming.

I will finish with a question, how many of you have a read Markham, Gardner, or Benson Bond Novel and thought that it would make a great film?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    I've seen great potential in several of the follow-up Bond novels being adapted to the screen---the recent DMC included---but the bottom line is that Eon won't come off any more money to buy the rights from Gardner's or Amis' estate, or Benson, Faulks, et al., because they've already purchased the rights to do whatever they want with James Bond on the big screen.

It's a shame, IMO, because some of the titles---Colonel Sun, Scorpius and Devil May Care to name a few---would work very well.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM