Bonds gun in the embassy

2»

Comments

• Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Blank firers in the UK require a Section Five Licence. Do not buy unless you want the law knocking at your door.

I didn't think blank firers were a problem yet here in the UK.

As regards the Umarex blank firer, I understand that this exhausts spent gasses through the barrel, which IS illegal in the UK. However, I thought the likes of Reck pistols which exhaust through the top of the barrel/slide were OK.
  • StrykeStryke U.S.A.Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    I didn't realize the original design P99's were hard to find, or are you referring to deactivated ones or just in the UK? I found quite a few of the pre-04(05?) versions in both 9mm and .40 when I was looking for one.
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Stryke wrote:
    I didn't realize the original design P99's were hard to find, or are you referring to deactivated ones or just in the UK? I found quite a few of the pre-04(05?) versions in both 9mm and .40 when I was looking for one.

I would be careful, when I bought mine I did some research and found that some of the early models had problems with the magazeins braking when they hit the ground. Not sure when they were fixed but in 2004 they were fixed.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • StrykeStryke U.S.A.Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Well I generally try to not drop my magazines. Besides, the Pre 2004 P99's not only look better, they also have an extra round in the magazine. I really don't like the "improved" P99s.
  • Iain1107Iain1107 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Airsoft and CO2 P99's are available from www.007q-branch.com, but they're like rocking horse matter at the mo. Got my airsoft on order :o)

Blank firers are not Section 5 - yet - but the government are attempting to make it that way.

http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-enquiries/faq16.htm

Just like airsoft, other than the reactivation issue, they really don't have a clue what they're talking about.