Ian Fleming biopic.

Who here would like to see EON take up an Ian Fleming biopic? We've already had a biopic about Barrie, who wrote Peter Pan, and Depp was nominated for an Oscar. I think Fleming's very fascinating life is more than deserving on an Oscar-contending biopic.

Who would be a great Fleming? Personally, I'm seeing Hugh Laurie all over this.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,385Chief of Staff
    Who would be a great Fleming? Personally, I'm seeing Hugh Laurie all over this.

Well, he beats Jason Connery hands down, although I think Charles Dance did a good job. Laurie has the chops, alright, and House has lost him his silly-ass Blackadder, etc, image.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    There is one in production isn't there? Or mooted at some point.

I watched the beginning of Goldeneye last night; it's hardly ever on and I've never had a chance before. Dance looks surprisingly like Fleming and it all seemed to be going well in the first until Fleming says 'I was sent to kill a chinaman in New York'... uh-huh. So just another attempt to make a faux-Bond movie rather than a portrait of the very flawed man he was.
    The only one made so far that actually approaches him in an adult manner is probably 'Bondmaker' from the BBC last year starring Ben Daniels.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,385Chief of Staff
    emtiem wrote:
    The only one made so far that actually approaches him in an adult manner is probably 'Bondmaker' from the BBC last year starring Ben Daniels.

Yes, I watched that last weekend- a definite attempt at authenticity, with an excellent performance from Daniels.