DC doing other films

Obviously DC has other films that will be released before Bond 22 goes into production. Do we think that this is a good thing or a bad one in terms of his being Bond??

In all honesty I have no idea whether or not the other Bonds have had other films out between their outings as JB. The variety of roles DC is taking on will suit and challenge him as an actor and he obviously can't rest on his laurels for the next 18 months but I just get an unsettling feeling that if they are all box office smashes then it might be almost like starting with him as Bond all over again by the time the new film emerges.

Does any of this make sense or I am just talking rubbish again ?:) ??

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    lavabubble wrote:
    Does any of this make sense or I am just talking rubbish again ?:) ??

I completely understand what you're getting at, LB. I think Craigger should challenge himself to the utmost in-between Bond projects---he once indicated that he would never want Bond to interfere with his being involved with, say, Gay Bikers On Acid (or something like that!), if that's what he wants to do---anything to keep him fresh and invigourated for the next Bond picture...

I honestly think that he stands the best chance, of any Bond actor, of actually winning an Oscar during his tenure as 007---not for Bond, although (IMRO) some winners have been less deserving ;) ---but for something else he's done.

I say: The more un-Bond-like he can be, in-between Bond films, the better B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I don't think we've had a young actor coming into his own like this in the role of Bond since Connery (relatively unknown yet solid acting chops). He's shown he picks good scripts, hope he continues with this pattern.

Looking back to recent history, Brosnan has had a good run of non-Bond projects between Bond films (heck even Dalton and Moore did some pretty interesting stuff back in their respective Bond days), don't see why Craig can't do the same. Should be fun. :)
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    I've just watched the trailer and read some of the blurb for Infamous and I think that is going to be another one of his successes, the cast is great and although it might not be the biggest at the box office, it will certainly be a great addition to his CV.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,283MI6 Agent
    During the torture scene, it hit me that Craig would make a great Roy Batty if there's ever a BladeRunner sequel. When he got into the torture, it was very reminiscent of Batty during his climactic battle with Deckard. Well, to me at least.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Campbell has been quoted as saying he fully expects Craig to do both big films like CR as well as smaller, independent movies. He seems to choose his roles carefully. I believe him when he says it was the script rather than any burning desire to play Bond that attracted him to the role. It caused some hard feelings at the time, but in retrospect I think it was a good attitude to bring to the project: don't just do a Bond film to do a Bond film. If something like CR is the payoff, that's cool.
    I'm looking forward to seeing him in other things, too (especially "The Visiting"). What's really uncanny is how different the guy can appear from movie to movie. Some of us may remember when the stills for "Infamous" came out. I can now acknowledge that my confidence in him was a little shaken by them at the time, he seemed so odd with that '50s greaser look. And his acting in "Enduring Love" was about as un-Bondlike as anything I've ever seen. But good for that role.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Yeah..."Infamous" and "Enduring Love" were both huge hits with the hare-brained 'Boycott' crowd :v It's become a bit trite to say that he's a chameleon...but guess what? :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I would say that Lucifer, Perry Smith, and Lord Asriel are about as far away from James Bond as characters can get...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent
    "As far away from bond as you can get"
    Well, I don't know about Lucifer.....

Please dont kill me for this!