Which james Bond do you feel like you relate to?

Which james Bond do you feel like you relate to?

I feel like I relate to Roger Moore in the sense that he is both funny and able to get the job done how about you?

Comments

• Thomas CrownThomas Crown Posts: 119MI6 Agent
    Welcome to AJB!

Personally, I don't see Bond as a character one relates to (just from my own life it would be hard to see myself with his drinking habits, body count, or vast number of female counterparts), rather a character one escapes to. Its the way in which my eyes feel glued to the screen when a new Bond film begins, how I would recite "Bond, James Bond" as a young kid when getting dressed up, or how much I wanted to be saving the world in his stead that shows me how much I want to relate to 007. I really don't see that tied to one particular actor, even with Roger Moore (my least favorite 007) I can still get that rush. Pierce Brosnan has sentimental value as the first 007 I ever saw on the big screen however, and so watching his films not only do I get that sense of wanting to escape into the world of Bond, but wanting to escape into my youth as well.
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    My answer to this is that, honestly, I don't really relate to any of them. The closest would be Craig or Dalton, since they're the closest to the literary character. But I would say I relate more to the literary character than any of them, as Fleming describes thoughts and feelings given to Bond that I have experienced, while these specific thoughts and feelings are hard to portray on film.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    when I saw CR, I felt immediate kinship with Craig's bond. He's not my favorite (Tim Dalton's is) but I felt that Craig's Bond and I could be great friends. I don't know why...I really don't. *shrug*

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Craig has large ears
    I have large ears

Craig looks 50
    I am 50

Craig looks good in teeny-tiny swim trunks
    Mmmmmm ... I'm taller

I think the choice is clear ... :D :))
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    *falls over laughing* hoo boy, highhopes...that made my day, right there...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:
    *falls over laughing* hoo boy, highhopes...that made my day, right there...

~Pen -{

Mind you -- I'm not saying I don't hold my own for a man my age, but even in my prime I wouldn't have had the guts to put those on. I'm not the type to display "a lot of cheek" as M says in CR (in both the British and American sense of the word).;) I consider that scene Craig's greatest stunt :))
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    i suppose i can relate to gearge lazenby if i think about it, mainly because i'd give something a go, be crap at it and then vanish off the face of he earth for a while lol

(not being serious of course)
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • sitosito Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    I can relate to Daniel Craig. I have a wide jaw bone too. I am not muscular like him but I am working out. {[]:D
  • zebondzebond DolletPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Well I resemble Craig most, but I feel more like Dalton's Bond. So I guess that's fairly close to one another.
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    None. That's the whole point. ;) James Bond is a sophisticated yet ruthless secret agent who saves the world, doesn't get his suit dirty and beds a different woman evry night. That is not me. :o I wish it were, but since it's not, I therefore look at Bond as an escapist fantasy. I don't want to relate to any Bond because my life is pretty ordinary and I depend upon Bond having extraordinary experiences. :007)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Craig has large ears
    I have large ears

Craig looks 50
    I am 50

Craig looks good in teeny-tiny swim trunks
    Mmmmmm ... I'm taller

I think the choice is clear ... :D :))

Classic. :))

*pats highhopes on the back*
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    As funny a post as I've seen in ages, HH {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Welcome to AJB!

Personally, I don't see Bond as a character one relates to (just from my own life it would be hard to see myself with his drinking habits, body count, or vast number of female counterparts), rather a character one escapes to. Its the way in which my eyes feel glued to the screen when a new Bond film begins, how I would recite "Bond, James Bond" as a young kid when getting dressed up, or how much I wanted to be saving the world in his stead that shows me how much I want to relate to 007. I really don't see that tied to one particular actor, even with Roger Moore (my least favorite 007) I can still get that rush. Pierce Brosnan has sentimental value as the first 007 I ever saw on the big screen however, and so watching his films not only do I get that sense of wanting to escape into the world of Bond, but wanting to escape into my youth as well.

I have to agree with this very much. Bond was an escape for me. The home I grew up in was not going to win any Better Homes and Gardens awards. I would be able to get away from it by reading or watching Bond. I would write down the places that Bond would go to and want to go to myself. I have been to three so far. Las Vegas, Bahammas, Japan. I can't wait to go to more.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.