Pierce on CR

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
Just saw this posted on CBn; apparently in some mag called 'Tribute' Pierce comments briefly on CR and Daniel:
"Daniel and I know each other and I wish him all the greatest success and happiness with the role. He's a wonderful, accomplished actor. I think he'll fly high and far and wide with it," graciously acknowledged his immediate predecessor Pierce Brosnan. Brosnan told TRIBUTE he definitely plans to see the movie. "Of course I am going to go. Way to go Daniel...don't let the *******s get you down!"

Shocking, eh? Look at his potty mouth! ;)

Tribute cover

Comments

• highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Pierce is a classy guy. He's doing well outside of the James Bond films. He's doing a western now from what I understand, which is genre that I miss.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    But surely swearing in a family magazine makes him positively evil? ;)
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Pierce is a classy guy. He's doing well outside of the James Bond films. He's doing a western now from what I understand, which is genre that I miss.

You're kidding? Pierce in a western? I really have trouble imagining that! :s
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Then hold your pants on this one, because it's already happened. Pierce Brosnan played a Native American in Grey Owl.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    words wrote:
    highhopes wrote:

You're kidding? Pierce in a western? I really have trouble imagining that! :s

I read that in some magazine. I don't know anymore about it than that, though. I would think he'd be fine in a Western role. He tall and lanky enough to be a credible cowboy. I'm curious as to what the movie is. Westerns are extremely rare these days, but a guy of my generation grew up with them.
  • NMercurioNMercurio Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    I believe the film in question is Seraphim Falls. It's supposed to be set right after the wall and stars Pierce and Liam Neeson. Plot details are sketchy but the film has been completed and recently screened at the Toronto Film Festival. Liam is hunting down Pierce, I believe, for actions committed during the U.S. Civil War. Pretty sure this is the one, since Pierce has a full plate.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,283MI6 Agent
    It's called Seraphim Falls, and it appears to have some major talent besides Brosnan in it. Here's the IMDB page with some basic info. Based on what little I know, the plot kind of reminds me of The Outlaw Josey Wales, but told from the perspective of the pursuer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479537/
    Correction to my post: "It's supposed to be set right after the war." Will proofread in the future. Sorry.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    NMercurio wrote:
    Correction to my post: "It's supposed to be set right after the war." Will proofread in the future. Sorry.

Not to make worm's meat of you, Mercutio, but all you need to do is hit the "Edit" button that appears at the top of your post--this will allow you to make any corrections you need!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Thank you. The perils of being a newbie are definitely outweighed by the pleasures of this site and the welcome sly wit of its hosts.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    ?:)

Odd quote, considering Brosnan was a doubter at the time of the announcement and obviously wanted the gig for himself. But taking it at face value, glad he's finally moved on. And he does have some interesting stuff on the burner, that BUTTERFLY film sounds intriguing...
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    And where are all the complaints about his swearing? Couldn't be that people only complained about Craig doing that because they had ulterior motives for disliking Craig? Nah.. couldn't be... :)
    I didn't mind his use of vulgarity in this context, in fact I thought it was extremely appropriate (;)). Just thought it was weird that he separated himself from that flock...from Octover 17, 2005:

"Whether they made the right choice, who knows? They're probably scared [censored]less, thinking, 'What have we done?'"

An apology from him would've been nice here, like CNN's, but again it seems like he's moved on and good for him.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    I didn't mind his use of vulgarity in this context, in fact I thought it was extremely appropriate (;)). Just thought it was weird that he separated himself from that flock...from Octover 17, 2005:

"Whether they made the right choice, who knows? They're probably scared [censored]less, thinking, 'What have we done?'"

An apology from him would've been nice here, like CNN's, but again it seems like he's moved on and good for him.

Now if only you would. 8-)
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Sorry, I'll move on.