More than decoration

Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
Bond draws attention to the necklace that Vesper wears, the Algerian love knot. Obviously that plays out to have a great deal to do with her motivation in the film.

When visiting the James Bond Web site, the loader screen shows an animation of the love knot coming together.

I've seen enough continuation films to know that images like this are not simply throw-away bits. Anyone remember the jaborsnippit carving from Star Wars episode I? It was brought back in episode III as a conversation piece and later clutched in Amidala's hands when she was laid to rest.

Does anyone else have curiosity about how the love knot is going to play out if at all in Bond 22?

Comments

• NMercurioNMercurio Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Yes, I was curious about that too. But I had a great feeling, in watching CR, that I was in excellent hands. I mean, I never had the sense that the love knot, or anything else in this story, was simply decoration, introduced in passing and then dropped because the writers were clumsy. It was a little like watching a topnotch team of jugglers getting a bunch of things spinning and then setting them up in the air to catch on the way down, in Bond 22. The love knot and "peripheral" parts in CR, I feel sure, will reappear and be explained, or fleshed out, in #22. Mr. White and Felix Leiter are the two prime candidates for far bigger roles. But if the writers are at the top of their game, they should also bring back Le Chiffre's foxy bodyguard. What else have I missed?
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Too true. The friend that I saw the movie with mentioned the lack of closure on the story of the blonde hottie. She wanted to see that leather-clad femme fatale get her comeuppance.