CNN apologizes to Daniel Craig

Go to www.cnn.com and check out "Do You Owe New Bond Aplogy?" link on the main page (Nov 28).

Sorry if this has already been posted....

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Where the heck is it? This is a news site, so the headlines and such change all the time; I couldn't find such a link on the main page. I also searched the site under "Bond," "Daniel Craig," etc., and came up empty. Could you provide a direct link to the article instead of to the main page?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    FYI it's in the video section, it's not an article. It's under "more most watched video" and titled "Apologies to 007." It's only about 2:30 but it's good!
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Great story. I wasn't aware they'd dissed him when he was chosen for the role, but I'm glad they've seen the light. A lot of people have

Go to this page and you'll see it.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Nice. I'm happy people are actually admitting they were wrong, usually people would still keep the same view to save face, even if they really did like him.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,729MI6 Agent
    I think a few of us are entitled to be pretty smug about this. After the various comments on this board over the past year, you'd think the sky was falling in. The number of times I read 'I can't see the public taking to him' or the approach of the film! :s
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    highhopes wrote:

Thanks, HH. Shoulda known it was a Jeanne Moos piece, with her tongue firmly planted in cheek. And I can't get over how many women are raving about Craig's bod--I'm starting to think I'd better hit the gym!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • VW2006VW2006 Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Great video!
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    highhopes wrote:

Thanks, HH. Shoulda known it was a Jeanne Moos piece, with her tongue firmly planted in cheek. And I can't get over how many women are raving about Craig's bod--I'm starting to think I'd better hit the gym!

HB I bat for the away team so to speak and even I'm raving about it ;).

Gym membership for one on its way {[]
  • Pierce Brosnan335Pierce Brosnan335 Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    yeah im rememver when everybody made fun of him and he was called james blond. Now he is my number 3 007.
    Hardyboy wrote:
    highhopes wrote:

That was a cute piece. Big of her to admit her mistake.

As for getting into the gym, you've unwittingly asked for my Jack Lalanne speech so here goes: Get in there, buddy! Go for the women, stay for your health.
    As a regular gym-goer, I was struck by the number of people -- many of whom I would assume are teenagers or in their 20s -- who said Craig was too "musclebound" to be Bond, like "Schwarzenegger," as someone guy put it. That made me think they must be a pretty flabby bunch to not realize that Craig is far from musclebound. Most women don't like that. What they do like is the way Craig looks -- toned and showing some muscle definition -- probably from putting muscle where lard used to be.
    But more importantly, it's good for you. I had a serious health scare a few years ago that might have been life-threatening if I hadn't been a regular exerciser. And a more vigorous regimen cured it. I swear by it.
    And Jack LaLanne is in his 90s and still fit as a fiddle. :))
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    That made me think they must be a pretty flabby bunch to not realize that Craig is far from musclebound. Most women don't like that. What they do like is the way Craig looks -- toned and showing some muscle definition -- probably from putting muscle where lard used to be.

I wouldn't call Craig "muslcebound" but he's hardly just "toned;" he's well into "defined." He looks terrific, but probably a bit much if you're to believe he's just a deskbound rep for Universal Exports ... though I don't know that we've heard them mentioned since FRWL.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent
    Great! But CnB is still around, alive but perhaps not mentally well. Imagine if they saw this!
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    He looks terrific, but probably a bit much if you're to believe he's just a deskbound rep for Universal Exports ... though I don't know that we've heard them mentioned since FRWL.

Universal Exports was mentioned in DAD, it was when Bond went to Cuba to meet with the sleeper agent under the guise of a Delectado Cigar merchant.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    That made me think they must be a pretty flabby bunch to not realize that Craig is far from musclebound. Most women don't like that. What they do like is the way Craig looks -- toned and showing some muscle definition -- probably from putting muscle where lard used to be.

I wouldn't call Craig "muslcebound" but he's hardly just "toned;" he's well into "defined." He looks terrific, but probably a bit much if you're to believe he's just a deskbound rep for Universal Exports ... though I don't know that we've heard them mentioned since FRWL.

"Toned" may be a little bit of an understatement, especially in the shoulders, but the definition is really more a function of body fat percentage than huge body-builder type muscles (but getting that percentage down takes a lot of work with both diet and exercise). From what I understand, he did it pretty much with calesthenics rather than weights.
    I don't think he'd look out of place as a rep for Universal Imports. I would think they'd at least wear shirts behind those desks -- and in this day and age would conceivably get a gym membership free as a perk or at a discount. ;)
  • ThundernutsThundernuts Harlow, Essex, England UKPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    highhopes wrote:

Also mentioned by Dalton's Bond in LTK when he says to a goon that he's from Universal Exports and is interested in buying a Great White Shark....