getting off the DC hype for a minute

Did you all know that Mads Mikkelsen was voted sexiest man in Denmark in 2004?

YUP

From sexy nordic God to slimy 'superskurk'

;-)

Comments

• highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent

YUP

;-)

So tell us -- Do you concur?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I can see it actually. He's not unlike Viggo Mortensen and he's regarded as a bit of a hunk. Great bone structure. I dont think I've seen him in anything but CR but he could have potential.
  • manichotlipmanichotlip Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:

YUP

;-)

So tell us -- Do you concur?

Not entirely - I do think he is attractive - but not sexy like DC...
    edited November 2006
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I can see it actually. He's not unlike Viggo Mortensen and he's regarded as a bit of a hunk. Great bone structure. I dont think I've seen him in anything but CR but he could have potential.

He plays Tristan in King Arthur.. You know the bird of pray handler...
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    What's a "superskurk?" Anyway, I saw this in an online article about Mads, and I'm not surprised. While a lot of people were still in Craig-bashing mode they looked at the images of Bond and Le Chiffre facing off and sneered, "Mads looks more like Bond than Craig does!" Anyone still feel this way? Anyone?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    What's a "superskurk?" Anyway, I saw this in an online article about Mads, and I'm not surprised. While a lot of people were still in Craig-bashing mode they looked at the images of Bond and Le Chiffre facing off and sneered, "Mads looks more like Bond than Craig does!" Anyone still feel this way? Anyone?

A Skurk is a villain - A Superskurk is erm... Super Villain.

A friend of mine from the UK said she'd read it in a magazine - Superskurk. I found it funny that a Danish work had snuck into an English magazine.

Mads as Bond - naaaah his English is too crap for that. You'd have to live in the UK for a number of years to even begin to think you could pull something like that off. I've been living in America and my husband is English. I've got my basic training covered alright, I know how hard it is to pretend not to be Danish. Although I have fooled a Cambridge Math professor once on the plane back to Denmark. I was saved by the noise from the engiine I think.... haha

:))
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    And apparently, Mads won a big poker tournament in Denmark on the weekend!

http://www.acemag.dk/news/item.asp?id=1321
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

I'd heard he really got into the game during the shooting. Good for him.
    Just so long as he doesn't start kicking guys in the balls.
    emtiem wrote:

Oh wow - you seem better informed than me. Didn't know that.

There were some interviews shortly after the Danish CR release where DC teased Mads with his obsession/passion with poker. But then again poker is very popular these days so I wouldn't consider him obessed.

{:)
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    He loved doing his little flick with his chips as well. I noticed we saw him do that loads, think that was possibly milked a bit too much.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:
    He loved doing his little flick with his chips as well. I noticed we saw him do that loads, think that was possibly milked a bit too much.

I liked Le Chiffre's little flick with the chips. Perhaps it was just a habit. Or maybe he was overdoing it deliberately to distract Bond (and his other opponents) in the same way that Bond used Vesper's beauty.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I think more likely it was just something he had learn't himself because he liked the game so much. So they thought it would make it more believable that he was a seasoned player.
    Fish1941 wrote:

YUP

;-)

I'm inclined to understand why. With or without the scar, the man is very attractive. Yum-my!
    arthur32098092809809382.jpg

You mean like this???
    :p
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    He does come across as very affable and a lovely bloke in the interviews I've seen and although he's not clasically handsome he does have something, in the eyes and smile I think.

He did have reallllly bad hair in CR though - Perry Combover :o
    lavabubble wrote:
    He does come across as very affable and a lovely bloke in the interviews I've seen and although he's not clasically handsome he does have something, in the eyes and smile I think.

He did have reallllly bad hair in CR though - Perry Combover :o

Oh trust me - The CR-hair wasn't nearly as bad as THIS one....

mads-mikkelsen.jpg

Mads Mikkelsen as a mad butcher - and an extremely bad hair day

;)
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    Jesus that's bad - he looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons :s :))
    lavabubble wrote:
    Jesus that's bad - he looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons :s :))

I know - In this case I think M.M. thought it'd be easier to shave his hair off than to sleep with the director to get the part - Muahahaha :s JK
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

'Baddie' make-up aside, I still think Mads looked more like Bond than Craig in the poker scenes. Craig looked very ordinary during this sequence and seemed in dire need of some hair conditioner. Having said that I wouldn't have cast Mads as Bond in a million years. I think I might have gone for the Cavill gamble. Craig would have made a good Le Chiffre.