2nd Viewing Today!

Finally got to see CR for a second time. I caught it on the opening Friday and between work/family/a cold got to see it again a second time today.

I like seeing movies I like multiple times (especially when the DVD comes out). It was interesting seeing the interplay between Bond and Vesper. I caught on onto a lot more clues and subtleties that I missed in the first viewing. Also (not in the case of all movies)even with the second viewing I was sucked into the story. The movie did not feel like 2+ hours - just flew by again.

Sometimes I enjoy movies the most on a first viewing. In the case with CR, I enjoyed my second viewing much more than the first time. Also some parts still made me jump (like the Mr. Whyte gun shot at the end)which surprised me.

For you multiple viewers, did you enjoy the second/third viewing as much as the first? Any scenes play better for you a second time? Or was the first viewing the best?

Comments

• lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    I enjoyed my 3rd most of all. My breath was really taken by the first, the second was a bad showing (lots of distractions etc) and the third I went alone and was engrossed to the last second. My own take on it is that I know the plot after the first showing so I can then concentrate on the subtleties of the film every time I see it after that.

I always find that I re watch my favourite films time and time again whether on DVD or at the cinema. I think I will end up needing more than one copy of the DVD when its released as it may get slightly worn :)
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    Dang. Must be nice to go to a second AND/OR thrid viewing. I wish I had the time and money to do that.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Loved all three of mine. I may just go back for a fourth this weekend. The movie is that much fun to watch.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    I really enjoyed both my first and second viewings. My breath was immediately taken away by the PTS on my first viewing and I was gripped from start to finish. If anything, I enjoyed the film a little more the second time round as I noticed a few things here and there that I hadn't picked up on first time round. I also appreciated certain elements more, such as the title sequence. Cards, guns, Bond, it all looked a little uninspiring on first viewing, but now I think it's actually pretty good. Not DAD good, but good all the same.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I've seen it twice, with an enjoyable experience each time. I've noticed a few more subtitles, mostly revolving around expressions on people's faces at various points that foreshadow what is to come.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I've seen it twice, with an enjoyable experience each time. I've noticed a few more subtitles, mostly revolving around expressions on people's faces at various points that foreshadow what is to come.
  • VW2006VW2006 Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Forgot to add: Reading this forum also was helpful! I picked up on the little things people were chatting about (like the CR blood in the opening credits and the DB5 driver side being on the left).

I did stay away from the bloopers thread - once I read things like that, that's all I look for. :s
  • VW2006VW2006 Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Forgot to add: Reading this forum also was helpful! I picked up on the little things people were chatting about (like the CR blood in the opening credits and the DB5 driver side being on the left).

I did stay away from the bloopers thread - once I read things like that, that's all I look for. :s
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    I've seen it three times and enjoyed it more each time. I have another friend who really wants to see it and she refuses to wait for the DVD, so I might go back for a fourth this weekend. I can't remember the last time I saw a film this many times in the theatre!
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    VW2006 wrote:

I made the mistake of reading it and spotted most of them in my second viewing. One in particular is soooo glaring I really don't know how it made it through the editing process ?:)

I have noticed a crime against fashion in the film but better not say in case everyone feels the need to look for it!!!

I will say that once you have spotted them you tend not to take much notice of them again. I still enjoyed the film very much anyway!