Gala Brand to appear?

Gala Brand is the heroine from Ian Fleming's version of Moonraker, quite why the name wasn't used in the film version I'm not sure.

The current scriptwriters Wade & Purvis intended to use the name in Die Another Day but the character turned into Miranda Frost instead.

Can we safely expect the female lead in Bond 22 to be Gala Brand? Hopefully as it may also end the Wade & Purvis obsession with having one of the female leads turnout to be bad rather than good (i.e Electra King, Mirnada Frost & Vesper Lynd) - it gets a bit predictable guys.

Your thoughts please............

Comments

• Steve Rush DI5 AgentSteve Rush DI5 Agent Oxfordshire, Great BritainPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the name Gala Brand was dropped from Die Another Day because the name sounded more like a make of pork pie than a female spy....

Steve
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the name Gala Brand was dropped from Die Another Day because the name sounded more like a make of pork pie than a female spy....

Steve

It sounds more like the place where people who win.......go :))
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I've always liked that character name, it's not ubercheesy (Pussy Galore, Honey Rider, Kissy Suzuki), and it makes me think of classic 60s female spies: Emma Peel, Tara King...like that.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    From what I recall,Rosamund Pike didn't care for the name Ian Fleming had come up with and that was one of several reasons that "Galatea Brand" became "Miranda Frost",instead.Too bad--it'd have been nice to see another homage to Fleming's Moonraker novel within the Die Another Day film(aside from it's use of the knighted and disguised villain-who is a naturalised UK citizen-and who has a secret scheme involving space-based weaponry).
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Both novel and movie also had the villian attempt to kill Bond by having a cliff fall on him!
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    It would be a good homage to see her in the big screen, but i would really feel ashamed if she gas the gal in DAD (nothing personal to Rosemund Pike who i love) but rather the ending.

If you're gonna see Galatea Brand in a movie (i'm ok if isn't Moonraker again) PLEASE GIVE THAT ENDING... it is for me one of the best endings in the books... i just wanna see that in a movie
    Besides, Craig's Bond like married women, and he seems like the kinda Bond to see steering in the park a lovely couple walking away.
  • Dave FarrellDave Farrell Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I agree with the previous comments. Moonraker is actuually one of my favouurite books and although DAD was based on MR with Gustav Graves instead of Hugo Drax, there is still some mileage in some of the book. Using the character "Krebs" as a henchmen and so forth. I do think playing Bridge may confuse everyone though.