Craig voted 'Sexiest Man on Planet'

2»

Comments

• MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm not suggesting a woman doesn't appreciate a nice chassis. But she won't overlook the non-visual facts about you the way a man will with a woman.

That brings up a good point. Do you think men are much more shallow than women? Men probably would be a lot less forgiving if an unattractive Bond Girl was hired, even if she could be sexy at times. So you think women can see beyond what some men can't? I for one don't really think that's always true, seems both sexes can be equally shallow! :))
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I thought men were supposed to be more visually orientated, women more tactilely orientated...if that helps at all.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Fish1941 wrote:
    Monique wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm not suggesting a woman doesn't appreciate a nice chassis. But she won't overlook the non-visual facts about you the way a man will with a woman.

That brings up a good point. Do you think men are much more shallow than women? Men probably would be a lot less forgiving if an unattractive Bond Girl was hired, even if she could be sexy at times. So you think women can see beyond what some men can't? I for one don't really think that's always true, seems both sexes can be equally shallow! :))

I agree.

Of course women can be as shallow as men. And I'm happy to report they are :)) ;)

But I do think that, generally speaking, men are more "visual" than women, whereas women are more attracted to things like a man's power and/or status in the social sphere (folks on this thread who say Craig's position as a movie star increases his sex appeal are absolutely correct -- it would for any man). Take George Clooney for instance. He was a journeyman actor on American TV for years. Never came close to being the "Sexiest Man Alive" or drew any real attention at all. So what's changed? His success, of course.

And obviously, that can be just as superficial as a man judging a woman by the size of her breasts.
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    I thought men were supposed to be more visually orientated, women more tactilely orientated...if that helps at all.

I know what you are getting at, I think the thing that has driven the ladies wild over DC is the depth of his character as JB. Sure, he's easy on the eye, and thats something coming from me as most of you know ;) , but he is human, emotional, believeable and at times vulnerable and to be all those things so openly are very attractive qualities.

He isn't just a gun and a suit and in this film the tables appear to have been turned because the girls aren't just a bikini and sh*g - apologies for being so blunt there ;%
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:

Which is why lavabubble is really bisexual. ;)
    blueman wrote:

You guys should be so lucky {[] Surely your ideal woman would be one who loves JB and would be off down the cinema with you every night of the week to watch the films - I would even pay for my own popcorn :D
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    lavabubble wrote:
    blueman wrote:

You guys should be so lucky {[] Surely your ideal woman would be one who loves JB and would be off down the cinema with you every night of the week to watch the films - I would even pay for my own popcorn :D

Just as long as you share your girlfriend, as well. ;)
    ....Just as long as you share your girlfriend, as well. ;)

Mr Hergescheimer, are you trying to seduce us ;%

At the moment she probably feels like she is sharing me with DC anyway so the more the merrier :))