Timothy Dalton is Failure

124»

Comments

• J-B-007J-B-007 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    FIRST OF ALL... Timothy Dalton IS NOT a failure. ... and that would be all I can say in this post.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    s96024 wrote:
    He was not a failure. None of the actors who have portrayed bond have been failures. Some may have portrayed him in a better way than others, but none are failures!
    That's a rather politically correct thing to say. ;)

Haha I knew someone would say that when I was posting :v. Could have put money on it being you. {[]
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    s96024 wrote:
    Haha I knew someone would say that when I was posting :v. Could have put money on it being you. {[]
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Secret Asian ManSecret Asian Man Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I love Timothy as the James Bond, especially when Living Daylights came out. But no one can denies the fact that the public so wanted Piece Brosnan as JB, they would not accepted another actor in the part of JB until Brosnan got his chance.{[]

What I'm originally mean to say is that Timothy Dalton is a great James Bond but why was he not so successful and got let go after 2 films??:)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    What I'm originally mean to say is that Timothy Dalton is a great James Bond but why was he not so successful and got let go after 2 films??:)

Well, the first point has already been covered in earlier posts. As to why he was let go after two films, this has a lot to do with the long (six years) gap between films. There was a legal matter going on at the time which had nothing to do with Dalton (it concerned MGM etc selling the rights to the 007 films at a far lower price than Danjaq wanted) but delayed the production of what turned out to be GE. Dalton asked for and was given his release from his three-film contract; this was an amicable situation with no hard feelings.

Dalton: "Even though the Broccolis have always made it clear to me that they wanted me to resume my role in the next James Bond feature... I believe it is now time to leave that wonderful image behind... The Broccolis have been good to me as producers. They have been more special as friends."

EON: "We regret Timothy's decision. We have never thought of anyone but Timothy as the star of the seventeenth James Bond film. We understand his reasons and will honour his decision."

A Variety report during the gap suggested that MGM were trying to bring pressure on Broccoli to replace Dalton with Brosnan- this was denied.
  • RustiRoyaleRustiRoyale Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Timothy Dalton is a brilliant Bond, he's got the looks and the cold ruthlessness off to a tee.

But that's my opinion.