Anyone noticed?

How many times did you have to see CR to recignize Micheal Wilson? lol :))

Funniest appearance yet, close to "Might just catch the *******s"
1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."

Comments

• Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    I saw him on my first viewing . . . but I didn't catch Richard Branson passing through airport security until my second! :p
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Scribe74 wrote:
    I saw him on my first viewing . . . but I didn't catch Richard Branson passing through airport security until my second! :p

Exact same for me!
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    yea i didnt see RB till the 2nd viewing.

Is michael wearing a fake bald head or did he shave?
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    I noticed both Michael Wilson and Richard Branson. Cameo's are a mixed blessing. Sometimes they make you laugh, at other times they are a total distraction.
    Better question: Anyone notice Alessandra Ambrosio? I did. God, she is the most beautiful woman on earth. You may recognize her as one of the Victoria's Secret angels.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Anyone notice goldfingers cameo appearance?
    Better question: Anyone notice Alessandra Ambrosio? I did. God, she is the most beautiful woman on earth. You may recognize her as one of the Victoria's Secret angels.

Shame about the women with her.
    s96024 wrote:

I didn't even notice the women with her. Were they not attractive?
    s96024 wrote:

I didn't even notice the women with her. Were they not attractive?

She was one of the tennis girls who walked past and said something, right? There was a mayday lookalike with her.
    She was indeed, but she only winked, didn't say anything. I couldn't take my eyes off of her long enough to notice the girls with her.
    There was only the 2 of them. I was sure they said something to each other, couldn't hear what it was. May have just been giggling or something.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:

Where was this at?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    s96024 wrote:

Where was this at?

I am assuming this would be the man who mistakes Bond for a valet and throws him his car keys.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    When I saw Michael G. Wilson's cameo in CR I was actually surprised how obvious it was that it was him. They are usually more subtle. Also, Branson's was quite obvious as well. I suppose these thing's do jump out at you more if you're expecting them.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Wilson's cameo in CR is my favourite one so far. The hip chain round his neck B-) Nicely done.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Baron_BondBaron_Bond Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    didn't Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) die of a heart attack like 10 years ago.. how could he have had a cameo
    edited December 2006
    Baron_Bond wrote:
    didn't Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) die of a heart attack like 10 years ago.. how could he have had a cameo

Indeed he died in 1988. He wasn't actually in it. But the person whose car Bond reverses into the cars in the car park, looked quite like him I thought. Also it was a Gold coloured range rover.
  • positivelyshockingpositivelyshocking Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    I think the Goldfinger idea is stretching it a little!
    I thought there must be some sort of tribute to him there. Considering, he is the same build , similiar looking and dressed the same. Also the Gold RR is a bit too much for it to just be a coincidence.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I agree: it's too much of a stretch. I didn't immediately think of Goldfinger when the guy first appeared--even now I can't remember what he looks like--and there weren't any particular "clues" to show that this character is either Goldfinger himself or some kind of tribute to the man with the midas touch. Was he wearing the famous Goldfinger golfing outfit? Was Oddjob with him? Was his dialogue similar to anything spoken by Goldfinger? Sorry, I just don't see it!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • zebondzebond DolletPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    I don't know, he was arrogant, spoke in the same accent, wore similar styled clothing, I believe had a golfbag, and indeed, both he and Goldfinger drive Gold "RR"s. . . you can't tell me at least one person didn't have something to do with that.
    "Guns make me nervous!"
    Same sort of body type. Also the actor is German.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    It was probably a last minute decision to make him dress like GF but otherwise he is pretty similar.

I think its a very indirect nod to GF.

Maybe not as obvious as some of the nods in DAD :D

"Better make that two."
    edited December 2006
    I can't believe there are many Gold Range Rover's around. I thought they were only made in black or white ;)
  • TanakaTanaka Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    What about the other films (other than old Bond movies) that are referenced? I saw nods to 'From Here To Eternity' (the beach snogging scene) and 'Don't Look Now' (the figure in the red coat crossing foot bridges in Venice). Any other classics buried in there?