What song are you listening to?

1757677787981»

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

It's a lovely song though, and beautifully produced. I think it's pretty great.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

I see that "latest" song got to number one

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

And broke quite a number of records to do so 👏🏻

Ive been listening to both the Red & Blue albums…can’t praise them highly enough…especially all the remixes of the early stuff…modern technology can be a marvellous thing…these tracks are amazing, nothing wrong with the original mono mixes…but I adore these new mixes 🍸

YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Are you listening to the new Red & Blue albums on vinyl, @Sir Miles ? I think the Blue was one remastered a few years ago, I don't know if this is another upgrade. Giles Martin isn't always rated - the guy who did the Yellow Submarine Songbook is often seen as better - but it's hard for me to say because I don't want to buy vinyl to find out, as it's expensive and it feels odd to take it back if you want to.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

I agree with Alan Partridge that the best album of The Beatles is still The Best of The Beatles.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Unfortunately not…I’ve seen plenty of reviews of these albums on vinyl, all are mainly positive…the dynamics are far better on vinyl than cd…I’m just listening to them via iTunes 🤗

I have no issues with Giles Martin, on the whole he does a fabulous job…you will always get dissenters 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • SoneroSonero Posts: 45MI6 Agent

OMC - Right On

RIP Pauly Fuemana (1969 - 2010) and Philip Fuemana (1964 - 2005)