Cover Name at Hotel Splendide

44flash44flash Posts: 5MI6 Agent
First, let me say hello to all fellow Bond fanatics. I have a question hopefully someone can answer. When Bond and Vesper arrive at the Hotel Splendide in Montenegro, Bond eschews his cover name and registers as himself. What was his cover name, if ever mentioned on screen? I've seen the film twice and can't recall if it was said in the dialogue or not. Thanks

Comments

• zebondzebond DolletPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Beach, I believe was his last name, at the moment I can't remember if he had a first name and if he did what it was. If it was mentioned on screen it would have been in the scene with him and Vesper in the car on the way to the Hotel when he informed her that her name was to be Miss Stephanie Broadchest :)
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • 44flash44flash Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hi zebond,
    I think you’re right. That is most likely the scene where it would be mentioned. The name Beach definitely rings a bell. Thanks for the info. Maybe this gives me an excuse to see the film again, like I need one.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Arlington Beach.
    Arlington Beach.

Yup, that's it nightshooter, brilliant memory :)
    "Guns make me nervous!"
    Wow! Thanks Nightshooter. The ultimate resource.
    Wow! Thanks Nightshooter. The ultimate resource.
    Rats, now we need another excuse to go see CR! ;)
    "Guns make me nervous!"
    Nah! Lets triple check the facts, just to be sure.
    44flash wrote:
    Nah! Lets triple check the facts, just to be sure.

{[] Here's to that! {[]
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Arlington Beach.

Great undercover name isn't it?

Really undistinctive...NOT! :))
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    i read two scripts before i saw the movie and beach was to be in the train scene...con oneil a well known tv and film character actor best known for blood brothers was to play him...i dont know if his scenes were shot or not
    delon64 wrote:
    ...i dont know if his scenes were shot or not

We'll just have to wait for the dvd to tell us. I hope it's jampacked with all of the apparently unused material taken out for this reason or that.
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    Is funny that Mr Arlington Beach (as it was mentioned by our beloved Nightshooter (i hope i've got your/his name right) who ended being Mr James Bond was replacing Mr Bliss (or whatever was the name of the syndicate player)... all three would be the first one to input the password into Mendel's computer.