CR wins GB's Film 2006's Film of the Year 2006

Just watching the show and CR has won Film of the Year in the Film 2006 poll as voted for by the great British public. Not the worlds biggest award but I always love awards that are voted for by the cinema going public.

POTC was whipped into 3rd place btw, and imho fittingly so!

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    That's awesome. Talk about, the people have spoken. :D {[]
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    it is a shame about the POTC, but for CR is more than OK (even when i have no idea what are you talking about)

What i saw in a blog is about Rottentomatoes Films of the year, and CR is the 10th.
  • acenavigator1acenavigator1 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Watched it last night and was getting a little worried by the time the countdown reached no.3, thinking surely its in there somewhere. Then hey ho- No.1 - not bad going considering some of the films that were behind it. I'm sure Eon are looking forward to receiving that glass photoframe or whatever it was.

Interesting when they asked DC what his favourite film of the year was he came up with The Departed. That didn't make the top 10 here in the UK
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,724MI6 Agent
    Must say I thought Children of Men would be higher.

Good news though this is, I think the fact that the title was won by 'Serenity' last year (!) dilutes the honour slightly!
  • spectre7spectre7 LondonPosts: 118MI6 Agent
    I was very surprised by the absence of The Departed. By the time they got to no.2 I was certain that it would be no.1 and that CR didn't make the list.

As delighted I am by the overwhelmingly positive response to CR, I'm afraid this particular poll has been easily abused in the past. A few years ago the no.1 film was Serenity, a film very few people saw, so the results can be easily manipulated by fanboy cheats.
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    It was interesting to see so many of the Hollywood a listers pick Little Miss Sunshine, I don't even recall that being on general release in the UK :s

I was genuinely surprised that CR won as I know what you mean about it being manipulated. I had no real knowledge of the film that came second apart from having heard its title in passing - just lucky that there are more Bond fans than Barley fans :007)

The award was super tacky too but I suppose that reflects the weight that it ultimately carries worldwide!!
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig scored 8th best entertainer of the year in Entertainment Weekly out of twelve. IMHO, he should have been higher up, but not the whole world are Bond fans...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com