Who are your five most LEGENDARY Bond girls

actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
edited January 2007 in The James Bond Films
You know the ones? The ones which are defined as classic Bond girls. The untouchables, the ones which sort of permeated your love of Bond. And are appreciated by the public as well. Mind are

Ursula Andress (Honey)

The Bond girl everyone can name. The character is lessened in the film then the book. But its still a strong character and looks amazing in a very conservative bikini (racy for 1962). The chemistry with Connery is superb and she is the deifining image of the movie.

Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore)

giggle, giggle at the racy name - they've turned that name into cliche nowadays. That doesnt stop this being a tour de force Bond girl. Blackman plays it straight (which is more then Pussy is). Blackman has the charisma to carry any scene and is exceptionally good at the banter with Connery. I think that she is that little bit maturer works in her favour as well. It gives her character confidence.

Diana Rigg (Tracy Bond)

Everybody knows she is the best Bond girl. Beautifully, charismatic, clever - and played by a brilliant actress. Alot must go to Dick Maibaum for including the characters book persona. And her tragic death is beautifully played. She truly stands out from the crowd.

Barbara Bach (Anya Amasova)

Once again this one works. Its a good film anyway but she is just the icing on the cake. There is a Slavic beauty to New Yorker Barbara with the auburn hair, tanned skin and brown eyes. But you can see the intelligence behind the eyes. Shes competitive, yes and definitely his equal but it is done with grace, wit and style. Something they got horribly wrong with Jinx.

Carole Bouquet (Melina Havelock)

She provides the backbone to FYEO. There is a theme of revenge running all the way through. And we dont forget she is vengeful one moment. Its shown in her determination to go after Kristatos. This isnt a foaming loon bent on revenge. She is a coldly angry singleminded hunter who justifies her actions by quoting Greek mythology. A very bright girl. My favourite Bond girl.

Bubbling under were Daniela Bianchi and Maud Adams. Eva Green as the three dimensional Vesper Lynd should also get a mention.

Comments

• Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg are easy selections. The next two are where we will see some arguing.

I will go with Shiley Eaton, although her screen time was short, the image of her painted gold is legendary Bond.

The fifth is tough, I guess I will go with Barbara Bach. She is definitely memorable as Agent XXX.

Runner ups are Lucianna Paluzzi and Jane Seymour.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Claudine Auger, Jane Seymour, Sophie Marceau, Barbara Bach, Eva Green
  • SteedSteed Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Here goes, and I have to say Ursula Andress will NOT feature in my list...

Diana Rigg/Tracy Bond: yeah, easily the best Bond girl and imo the most attractive all round. I'm not surprised Bond married her- she was one of his few true equals, despite the press telling us that Halle Berry's Jinx was the 'only equal' he'd ever had.X-(

Barbara Bach/Anya Amasova: probably 2nd best, and is a more obvious equal in that they are doing exactly the same job yet for different sides.

Carole Bouquet/Melina Havelock: a very intriguing character with a lot of hatred after her parents' death- interesting was the way Bond toned down her hatred in her quest for revenge. She is one of few Bond girls I can remember that doesn't scream that I recall- she gets stuck in and isn't a pest like so many are due to poor writing (Mary Goodnight, Rosie Carver, Stacey Sutton).

Daniela Bianchi/ Tatiana Romanova: a great role in the way it portrayed a relatively innocent girl being used by SPECTRE and how she got the better of them.

Eva Green/Vesper Lynd: so much better than the 'right on' attempt at an equal to Bond that Jinx was. Vesper Lynd is as witty as Bond is and just as cunning a character too, as it turns out.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg are easy selections. The next two are where we will see some arguing.

I will go with Shiley Eaton, although her screen time was short, the image of her painted gold is legendary Bond.

The fifth is tough, I guess I will go with Barbara Bach. She is definitely memorable as Agent XXX.
    I'll do a proper list later, but I'll go with Barry's. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • HankHank Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Izabella Scorupco (Goldeneye) is always left off the lists. She's one of the more complex Bond girls, and she's also amazingly hot.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Just a comment here, the thread is most LEGENDARY, not hottest, Bond girl.

I also don't know how any one could say Carole Bouquet or Eva Green are legendary. But that's just me.
    Just a comment here, the thread is most LEGENDARY, not hottest, Bond girl.

I also don't know how any one could say Carole Bouquet or Eva Green are legendary. But that's just me.

Maybe the word legendary is just inappropriate. I don't think any Bond girl is legendary. Most are just props.
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    I would say two are LEGENDARY

Ursula Andress - For being the first Bond girl.

Diana Rigg - For being the only Bond girl to ever marry 007.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    The way I see it, Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman and Shirley Eaton are all, for different reasons, iconic images of "The Bond Girl" and merit inclusion regardless of their amount of screen time or the relative strength of their characters. For the remaining two, I'd probably have to go with Diana Rigg and Eva Green since their respective characters shaped and impacted Bond more than any other woman we've seen so far.

Now, as to the five "hottest" Bond girls, I'd go with Ursula Andress, Luciana Paluzzi, Jill St. John, Barbara Bach and Halle Berry with honorable mentions to Daniela Bianchi, Claudine Auger, Caroline Munro and Maud Adams
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Legendary?

Ursula Andress (DN)- 'Nuff said.

Honor Blackman-(GF) Come one, fellas, give it up for Pussy. Pound for pound, the most iconic Bond girl ever.

Diana Rigg (OHMSS)- The Rolls Royce of Bond girls.

Barbara Bach (TSWLM)- The original Bond girl "equal".

Sophie Marceau (TWINE)- The first Bond-girl super-villian.

Special mention- Shirley Eaton (GF)- Is there a more iconic Bond image than this golden girl?

My favorites? What a selection to choose from!

1) Daniela Bianchi (FRWL)- A heartbreaker.

2)Lucianna Paluzzi (TB)- In my books, the sexiest bad-girl in the series. "Do you like wild things, Mr. Bond, James Bond?"

3) Diana Rigg(OHMSS)- Every Bond-fan understands why 007 falls in love.

4) Carey Lovell (LTK)- The best of the Bond-girl equals. When she shows up with a new "look", not only is Bond bowled over, but this writer was as well.

5)Izabella Scorupco (GE)- Stunning. Strike that. Jaw-droppingly stunning.

Special mention: all the beautiful ladies who did not make the list.

"I'm beginning to like you, Mr. Bond."
    "Mmm...call me James."
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Legendary?

Ursula Andress (DN)- 'Nuff said.

Honor Blackman-(GF) Come one, fellas, give it up for Pussy. Pound for pound, the most iconic Bond girl ever.

Diana Rigg (OHMSS)- The Rolls Royce of Bond girls.

Barbara Bach (TSWLM)- The original Bond girl "equal".

Sophie Marceau (TWINE)- The first Bond-girl super-villian.

Special mention- Shirley Eaton (GF)- Is there a more iconic Bond image than this golden girl?

My favorites? What a selection to choose from!

1) Daniela Bianchi (FRWL)- A heartbreaker.

2)Lucianna Paluzzi (TB)- In my books, the sexiest bad-girl in the series. "Do you like wild things, Mr. Bond, James Bond?"

3) Diana Rigg(OHMSS)- Every Bond-fan understands why 007 falls in love.

4) Carey Lovell (LTK)- The best of the Bond-girl equals. When she shows up with a new "look", not only is Bond bowled over, but this writer was as well.

5)Izabella Scorupco (GE)- Stunning. Strike that. Jaw-droppingly stunning.

Special mention: all the beautiful ladies who did not make the list.

"I'm beginning to like you, Mr. Bond."
    "Mmm...call me James."
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Ursula Andress (Honey Rider) and Shirley Eaton (Jill Masterson) are the iconic Bond girls.

As for my favourite five:

Carole Bouquet (Melina Havelock)
    Shirley Eaton (Jill Masterson)
    Claudine Auger (Domino)
    Maud Adams (Andrea Anders & Octopussy)
    Carey Lowell (Pam Bouvier)
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    I freely admit I'm an old school guy, so the legendary Bond girls are
    Ursula Andress
    Daniela Bianchi
    Honor Blackman
    Claudine Auger
    Diana Rigg

I always prefer the Bond girls to be European actresses. There is always a mystique about them, especially as most of them are relatively unknown when they are cast in the movies. Diana Rigg being the exception to that rule, in terms of being well known when she appeared in OHMSS.
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    I would say two are LEGENDARY

Ursula Andress - For being the first Bond girl.

Diana Rigg - For being the only Bond girl to ever marry 007.

I'll second that.

And while they might not be legendary, the other 3 that I think qualify as great Bond girls are...
    Annya Amasova
    Natalya Simonova
    Vesper Lynd
    Maybe the characters are legendary, but I wouldn't really say that any of the actresses are legendary.

If Andress is a legendary Bond girl, then it's completely based on the "legend" of her beauty. Other than looking hot, she didn't really do anything.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    Hank wrote:
    Maybe the characters are legendary, but I wouldn't really say that any of the actresses are legendary.

If Andress is a legendary Bond girl, then it's completely based on the "legend" of her beauty. Other than looking hot, she didn't really do anything.

Yes, she did. She walked out of the Caribbean and into male fantasies everywhere. That's enough for me.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    The other thing about Andress was the 'rape' speech. In just one speech, she became more dangerous than most other Bond girls. It was a fantastic moment, which combined with her walk out of the ocean, made her IMO one of the very greatest Bond girls of all time.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    Domino

My number 1 is Domino/Claudine Auger. She was absolutely beautiful, in shape, assertive and had just the right amount of that mid-60s European sex kitten thing going on.

Jill Masterson

Her appearance is brief but very memorable. There is this one scene where she, laying on the bed in Sean Connery's shirt, gives him this lingering gaze that I find just as beautiful now as the first time I saw it.

Honey Rider

Best name ever. I don't think much more can be said about this one.

Kissy Suzuki

An odd choice, but I have a thing for Asian girls, and I find her very attractive. I think shes also the only girl who never actually gets it on with Bond during the movie.

Corinne Dufour

I have always been quite enchanted with her and her heart of gold. Her death was quite brutal, however.
  • 3rbrown3rbrown MI6 Top Secret - Scotland, GlaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    1.Vesper Lynd
    The first of only two loves of Bond, intelligent, beutiful and tragic.
    Bond: I think im going to call that a Vesper.
    Vesper: Because pf the bitter after taste?
    Bond: No because once you taste it hat is all you want to drink.

2.Tracy Bond - Countessa Teresa Di Vicenzo
    The second an last love of Bond's life intelligent, tragic and loveable.
    Bond: Will you marry me?

3.Eletra King
    The same as Vespar and Tracy with one big diffrance she is a baddy, but what a baddy brains and beuaty.
    Eletra: What about you what do you do to survie?
    Bond: I take pleasure in great beuaty.

4.Fiona Volpe
    The first Bond girl that would gladly but a bullet in his back good looking, evil, red headed and drives a moterbike with rockets.
    Fiona: Some men don't like to be driven.
    Bond: No some men just don't like to be taken for a ride.

5.Anya Amasova - Agent XXX
    The first full agent to work for and against Bond, she maches Bond riht throughout the film is not better by outwitting him.
    Anya:(To Bond) Then when this mission is over I will kill you. "yea right"

Close runners:
    Honey Rider
    Pussy Galore
    Solitaire
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    You are quite right to distinguish legendary from hot. To me, Honey Rider and Pussy Galore are not hot at all, but they're definitely legendary.

So here goes:

Legends:
    1. Honey
    2. Tracy
    3. Pussy (only for the name)
    4. Tatiana Romanova
    5. Anya Amasova

I'd also like to mention Vesper as Bond's first love. But I've had my five.

Hotties:
    1. Electra King
    2. Tracy
    3. Domino
    4. Fiona
    5. Tatiana
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
    edited March 2007
    In terms of Bond girls, I more-or-less equivocate "legendary" with "hotness". In terms of legendary qua culturally iconic, I would suggest the following:

1) Honey Rider (coming out of the ocean...)
    2) Pussy Galore (that name)
    3) Jill Masterson (painted gold on the bed)
    4) Solitaire (Young Jane Seymour)
    5) Octopussy (Only Bond girl with a film named after her)
  • Napoleon Han SoloNapoleon Han Solo Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    I'm with Lazenby (the poster). I love love Domino...she has the black and white motif and she actually shoots the villain in the end. She has a revenge motive that precedes Melina, who is my second favourite. And Claudine is hot hot hot, with a beauty and form at once lithe and curvaceous. If we are saying strictly legendary, then I have to say Pussy Galore, for simply how iconic the name is. Though I know I will be hated for saying this, I find all the main girls in GF look roughly the same to me (of course, two are sisters). In fact, my favourite girl in GF is the captain of the girl plane patrol, the one who says "The baby is asleep." I find her cute is all. Anyone know the name of that actress? But I digress.
    In fact, my favourite girl in GF is the captain of the girl plane patrol, the one who says "The baby is asleep." I find her cute is all.

ha ha, Awesome. I wish I could help out but I have no idea what her name is.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Lazenby wrote:
    In fact, my favourite girl in GF is the captain of the girl plane patrol, the one who says "The baby is asleep." I find her cute is all.

ha ha, Awesome. I wish I could help out but I have no idea what her name is.
    Champagne leader, wasn't it? ;) (and I agree, she was hot)