the ones that got away...

I tried to come up with a comprehensive list of the Bond villains who escape retribution, but I could only come up with a few, see if you can compelte the list:
* the little "It's your funeral" guy from New Orleans in LALD
* Irma Bunt
* Baron Samedi???
* Jaws (though he turned face)
* Magda in OP (again, she sort of switched sides)

that's all i can think of for now, it's hard, very few managed to get away with their crimes!

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Knic Knak didnt die, but Bond presumably turned him over to the polive after he was done bonking goodnight.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Off the top of my head...
    -- Taxi driver in LALD
    -- Kutze, unless he's presumed drowned (one of the great mysteries of the series)
    -- The photographer inDN
    -- The three hoods from DAF ("I gotta bruddah" etc.)
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    Also from DN is Miss Taro.
    Pussy Galore, but only by switching sides.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Didn't Koskov get away? I know that his jeep smashed into the plane but he could have escaped?

What about Professor Metz?
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Is he dead? Alive? You tell me.

I, for one, am not convinced or satified that Blofeld died in FYEO.(Was that even him?)

As far as I'm concerned...Blofeld is still alive.

Wouldn't it absolutely fantastic if they decided to reboot Blofeld and SPECTRE in the next film? The opportunity is certainly there.

"Right idea, Mr.Bond."
    "But wrong pussy."
    Very good point about Blofeld!

Charles Gray' portrayal of him is unknown wether his character is alive/deceased.

Although Bond was swinging him around, that sort of impact wouldn't have killed him?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I just watched DN but can't remember something. Did the "Three Blind Mice" get away also?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Check out DN one more time, Mr.Martini.

The Three Blind Mice are in the hearse (although we don't see them) that crashes over the cliff.
    "I think they were on their way to a funeral."
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Didn't Koskov get away? I know that his jeep smashed into the plane but he could have escaped?

What about Professor Metz?

Koskov survived the jeep crash, you see him get out and look really mad. Then at the end of course he gets arrested and put in the "diplomatic bag". My guess is that he was executed though, but who knows for sure.
  • rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    Bambi and Thumper!
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Bambi and Thumper!

The cops were there when the fight ended, my guess is they were promtly arrested. Same would go for Doctor Metz.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    bigzilcho wrote:
    Check out DN one more time, Mr.Martini.

The Three Blind Mice are in the hearse (although we don't see them) that crashes over the cliff.
    "I think they were on their way to a funeral."

Ah yes. I do remember now. Thanks for the reminder!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    jbfreak wrote:
    Also from DN is Miss Taro.
    She was arrested. Or does that not count? ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    What happened to Vladimir Popov? The last I remember of him is when he says to Gustav Graves "Boss, he beat your time." It's one of the few moments that I can bear to watch in the second half of DAD.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    What happened to Vladimir Popov? The last I remember of him is when he says to Gustav Graves "Boss, he beat your time." It's one of the few moments that I can bear to watch in the second half of DAD.

He was the first one sucked out of the plane, his chunks splattered around the Korean DMZ would be an unconvincing villain now. :p
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:

He was the first one sucked out of the plane, his chunks splattered around the Korean DMZ would be an unconvincing villain now. :p

Thanks, Cat. It's been a long time since I have seen that part of the film......and probably longer still before I see it again. I didn't remember Vladimir Popov being on the plane at all.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    What happened to Pussy Galore's Flying Circus, all of the scientists/henchmen in "You Only Live Twice," or Whisper in "Live and Let Die"? Those martial arts guys in "The Man with the Golden Gun"?
    What about Klaus Hergersheimer?
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    He wasn't really a villain, was he? I got the impression he thought he was working for Willard Whyte.
    Telly Savalas' Blofeld, escaped with Irma Bunt.
  • Felix RodriguezFelix Rodriguez ClassifiedPosts: 704MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Ok i think we ive all the villains that got away (and none are the side-changers)but first ill go over one you had a question on.
    Whisper may have survived but i think he suffocated in the pod because his voice was so low that you cant hear him scream

and now for those who lived the Photographer, Bonita, Kutze, Metz probably got arrested but meh, Chula, the Cab Driver, Morton Slumber(jamesbondmm had him on their villain list so i added him), Baron Samedi, Nick Nack, Professor Joe Butcher, and that's it. Taro, Koskov, Bambi & Thumper, possibly Metz,and Leo (from CR) got arrested
    OF COURSE WHO CAN FORGET JAWS?
    "I never joke about my work 007"