FYEO & OHMSS Parallels

Just finished watching FYEO and afterward, I was amazed at the many similarities bewteen the two films. First, you have a ski chase scene, you have an ice skating scene, you have a sleigh ride scene, you have a mountain top hideaway, you have a rock climbing scene, not to mention that the opening also pays tribute to Tracy.

Comments

• wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Yes, I think its strange that on top of the fact that the opening sequence is inextricably linked to OHMSS, there is a core of themes that connect the two films.

Even Roger's blue skiing garb draws parallels with Lazenbys.

I wonder whether it was actually deliberate in view of the fact that Roger was very close to not signing up for FYEO. If the film was designed to introduce a new Bond, perhaps its not suprising that it was linked to a previous Bond's introduction.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Also, and I think most importantly of all, they are both films which try to get more down to earth following more extravagant adventures.

And there are other similarities as well. Both film feature blofeld in a semi paralysed state with a neck brace on, and a Bell helicopter with very similair colour schemes. Both have scores which feature a lot of synthesiser, and both are damn good films!! ;)