What is your favourite bond fact?

Hi
I'm new to these boards but wanted to ask your advice. I've been roped in to help a friend who is hosting a bond themed party at the end of the month. One of my "jobs" is to organise a quiz - basically each room of the house will have a sheet with 4 questions: Who was the baddie in X? What is the plot in X? Name the film that this image is from (with a screenshot of the film). Finally a bond fact that only true fans will be able to answer. It is this final section that I hope you can help with.

Some plot/fact related questions I have already:
In what film does Bond infiltrate a gang of narcotics smugglers in voodoo-infested Jamaica? (Live and let die)
What was the nickname of the Russian agent who worked with Bond in the spy whom loved me (Anya Triple-X Amasova)
Name the two characters who were Auric Goldfinger's assistants in Goldfinger (Pussy Galore and Oddjob).
How tall is Bond's arch-enemy Jaws? (Richard Kiel is 7ft 2inches)
In which of the Bond films does Jaws first appear? (The spy who loved me)
In which film does Jaws help 007? (Moonraker)
Where did Ian Fleming get the inspiration from for Blowfeld? (Cricket commentator, Henry Blowfeld's father who was a friend of Ian Fleming.)
How many times has the quote “The name’s Bond, James Bond” been said in a Bond movie?

What is your favourite nugget of bond trivia? Perhaps you have a favourite quote?

My second request is for female characters I can dress up as. I am also taking my 18 month old daughter who I am hoping to dress up as a "mini me". I don't want to go as a bond girl or anything too obvious...

Any help is gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Kally

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure of the small Bond facts. Let me direct you to this page:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/films/

It's has the cast and release dates. maybe you could some of the release dates in your quiz. I know here in America Tomorrow Never Dies opened the same day as Titanic.

As for you costume, not sure. Moneypenny is always good. One of the many Bond girls, or a female Bond Villan (Elektra, Rosa Klebb...). Have fun at the party.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    Only 4 Questions - that's nowhere near enough !

Q/
    Who wrote the Screenplay to the 1967 Film You Only Live twice ? (starring Sean Connery and the one where Blofeld - the first time we see him - lives under a hollowed out volcano).

A/
    Roald Dahl
  • K4llyK4lly Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini - good shout about the release dates. I also like the fact that it tells you what the theme tune is for each film - I'll just ahve to make sure that the song isn't on one of the albums we are playing that night. I might even have a question or two on name the lyrics.

A7ce - don't worry its only 4 questions per sheet, and there'll be 7 sheets around the house so that's a fair few questions I've still got to get. Good question. Some more like that would be great.

Also, on the girl question, I found this site http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk which has a section on bond villians and bond girls with character details and plot lines for the film they feature in (I don't know whether we are allowed off site links if not google james bond multimedia). Great for someone that doesn't have a lot of bond knowledge as its all on one page rather than going into each film hoping that there are some details there.

Thanks for your help - I hope more of you will contribute....

Thx
    K4lly
  • ChelaChela Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Hi-

1. What was the name of Pierce Brosnan's first wife and in which James Bond film did she appear?

Cassandra Harris, For Your Eyes Only as the Countess Lisl Von Schalf (For Your Eyes Only is the twelfth film in the EON Productions James Bond series and the fifth to star Roger Moore as British Secret Service agent, Commander James Bond 007.)

2. What is the 2nd Book in the "Blofeld" trilogy? And which actor starred in the film of the same name? On Her Majesty's Secret Service, George Lazenby.

Hope these two help!

Che
  • K4llyK4lly Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Thanks Che
    I love the first one. Was On Her Majesty's Secret Service the only film which Lzaneby starred in? My hubbie has 18 of the films and I can only find Lazenby on one of them.
    Please keep the questions coming.
    Also, does anyone know anything about Spanish contessa Theresa in OHMSS? I'm trying to find out if I can get away with wearing my wedding dress again (after all when am I going to get the opportunity to wear it again?) Or are there any more brides in bond?
    Thanks
    Kally
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    K4lly wrote:
    Or are there any more brides in bond?
    Thanks
    Kally

First one that comes to mind is Felix Leiters wife in LTK. I think her name was Della.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • backtothefoldbacktothefold Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    On the costume question, I think a full-size and "mini-me" Rosa Klebb would be too cute for words!
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    K4lly wrote:
    Thanks Che
    I love the first one. Was On Her Majesty's Secret Service the only film which Lzaneby starred in? My hubbie has 18 of the films and I can only find Lazenby on one of them.
    Please keep the questions coming.
    Also, does anyone know anything about Spanish contessa Theresa in OHMSS? I'm trying to find out if I can get away with wearing my wedding dress again (after all when am I going to get the opportunity to wear it again?) Or are there any more brides in bond?
    Thanks
    Kally

Yes, Lazenby only starred in OHMSS.

I do not believe Teresa is Spanish. She is the daughter of the Corsican head of the Union Corse, and her full title is La Comtesse Teresa di Vicenzo. With a surname like that I doubt she can be Spanish, but I don't think there was anything in the book or in the movie that confirms her nationality.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Q: In what year was Bond born?
    A: 1924.

This is a tricky one since the only clues we are are given to his birth year are in the novel
    "You Only Live Twice." Tiger Tanaka tells Bond the he was born in the year of the rat. WE are also told that Bond entered the Royal Navy in 1941 at the age of 17. Both bits of info tell us that he was born in 1924.
    As for who you can dress up as....How about Bond himself? If you can pull it off you'll probably be the only woman in a tux.:007)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    Thanks
    Kally

I do not believe Teresa is Spanish. She is the daughter of the Corsican head of the Union Corse, and her full title is La Comtesse Teresa di Vicenzo. With a surname like that I doubt she can be Spanish, but I don't think there was anything in the book or in the movie that confirms her nationality.[/quote]

Yes, it's definitely stated that her mother was English. Her father was as above.