Why not Adrian Paul?

Hi all-

Again, as I am fairly new, you may have covered this territory already. So, apologies up front.

When Pierce was dumped (and trust me, as much as I love him, I understand the need for a new direction, BUT TPTB could have been classier about how they did it...again, I digress.)

Anyway, I was holding out for Adrian Paul, The Highlander. Granted, he's not the greatest actor out there and he's lost quite a bit of the accent, but he LOOKS like a young Sean Connery.

Owen is okay. Jackman would NOT have worked (nice guy, but really overrated IMHO). Crowe? NEVER!

Simply for the "look" factor alone and the fact that Paul CAN get pretty physical, I was pinning my hopes on him as the next Bond.

Craig did a good job and yes, he is roughly 10 years younger than Paul (although he looks MUCH older), but oh, how happy I would have been!

Just my thoughts,

Che

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    His name had been mentioned, as well as his resemblance to young Sean, but his lack of acting skill along with the fact that he was no longer a new name may have worked against him. OK, Pierce was Remington but he was seen as a safe commercial bet after Dalton. Paul would have been seen as a second-rate Sean, though his imdb profile is useful. Still, he's too old really except as a stop-gap Bond, okay, so's Daniel in a way, but not for the young Bond in CR, okay Daniel doesn' look young either, but you know what I mean.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    Chela wrote:
    Anyway, I was holding out for Adrian Paul, The Highlander. Granted, he's not the greatest actor out there and he's lost quite a bit of the accent, but he LOOKS like a young Sean Connery.

But that would just be hiring a James Bond-lookalike; not a new James Bond.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Yes, Chela, this HAS been brought up before. If you type "Adrian Paul" into the search box you'll find several threads about him, some of them quite recent. So, please use one of the existing threads, and try to utilize the search feature in the future. Topic closed.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
This discussion has been closed.