Goldeneye 'Uncut' version

Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
edited January 2007 in The James Bond Films
I just bought the UE DVD of Goldeneye,and I have a question.
On the original release of the R2 ultimate editions - the ones with slipcases, it said uncut on the cover, but it doesn't on the one I have (the later release with no slipcase and the shiny 007 logo).
My question is, is it still the uncut version of Goldeneye, because I can't see any difference between this one and the version I saw previously. Mind you, it's been a while since I last saw Goldeneye, so I might have missed a few details.

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    I doubt that it has been cut in any way. they cut it for TV, removing a few scenes, hey, they do that to all the bond movies, but I doubt they'd try and sell the cut version because who would want it instead of the uncut verson.
  • BestBondSeanBestBondSean A Bavarian in CornwallPosts: 108MI6 Agent
    assuming you have got the PAL UK version, if your film is exactly 124:20mins long, then it is completely uncut, for the UE versions all previous BBFC cuts have been waived, so it should be uncut,
    you might find this link useful:
    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1155
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    What do they usually cut? Sex scenes, the fights??
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I believe that Xenia's headbutt to Natalya didnt exist in the Brit version.

I remember back in the good old days of VHS, I bought TND where it had a scene where Wai Lin threw a Japanese throwing star into some guys throat. The Brits didnt approve of that and cut it from their print of the film. After I bought the DVD I realised it had been cut. So the VHS copy would have used a different print of the film to the DVD.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    taity wrote:
    I believe that Xenia's headbutt to Natalya didnt exist in the Brit version.

That headbutt was definitely on the Goldeneye VHS I used to have, which was a South African release. Evidently the restored footage doesn't amount to a great deal because I didn't notive any real differences between the UE DVD and my old VHS (I never had the SE DVD).
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    They only remove a few seconds here and there so that the censors of whaever country won't have such a fit.

Licence to kill probably is the one which had the most restored, 4 (some say 5) full shots that had been deemed to violent to be released into cinemas.