Help! Montage needed

Hi there - new to the forums here but I am hoping you can help and don't mind me asking a question on my first posting!

My kids school is hoting a Bond style evening in a couple of months time and i wanted to get a couple of montage sequesnces to play during the evening - either a collection of best bits or themed (best fights, villains, girls, car chases etc etc)

Do any of you know where I can get this? Are there any on a dvd anywhere? or do any of you know where I can get this sort of thing???

Thanks so much for your help

David

Comments

• bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Welcome to AJB, Meechlands.

When it comes to all things Bond...you have come to the right place. Any and all enquiries about 007 will be answered, hopefully, to your satisfaction.

Montage sequences? It depends on what kind of montage. (All the Making Of features in the DVDs have several examples of montage). There are many Bond fans much more meticulous than I am who can assist you with specific questions.

Once again, welcome to the coolest Bond forum in the universe.

"World domination...same old dream."
  • MeechlandsMeechlands Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi

Thanks so much for the warm welcome - I am really looking for two or three 5 - 10 minute montages showing the best of Bond - If they can be themed montages even better - best villain, best car chase, best Bond etc etc

So do you think I can get these on a dvd - if so which would be the best to go for?

Thanks so much again for all your help
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I think what you have in mind is the sort of thing Planet Hollywood used to run in their restaurants every 20-30 minutes: A five minute salute to cowboys or tough broads or monsters or whatever ... you just need it to be about 007.

There have been several "salutes" over the years:

"James Bond at the Movies" - All the trailers on one tape.
    "Superspy James Bond" - Highlights from the films.
    "Three Decades of James Bond" - Trailers and clips.
    "James Bond: Yesterday and Today" - History and behind-the-scenes.
    "Happy Anniversary 007" - 25-year retrospective (this is the most professional of the lot)

The above are all a little dated; I only have any of them on tape (though I know "Anniversary" has since been issued on DVD). Not sure if any are or were sold in the UK.

One that's more recent and available on DVD is "The James Bond Story." Just checked and there are lots of copies available inexpensively through Amazon UK. Another documentary but you could play bits of it at a time.

(Just read that over and it's way too much info ... as usual.)