Jewel question on rings?

JCSuperstarJCSuperstar Posts: 42MI6 Agent
To all,

This is probably going to go nowhere with the nature of the posters on this forum, but a shot in the dark is never a bad thing. My daughter's birthday is coming up and I wanted to know if any of you all could help me out. She is a huge fan of the musical artist, Jewel. She told me she wants the same exact rings that Jewel wears. Can anyone supply me with information as to them and also a place where to buy them. Thanx again,

The Superstar

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,289MI6 Agent
    Ask your dad, he sees everything... :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Ask your dad, he sees everything... :D
    :))
    Oh, thank you, 007!
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • JCSuperstarJCSuperstar Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    Now why did I expect that, the religous jokes, "Go ask your dad!" B.S. I come with a problem and the only thing you can do is defacate on it, I just wanted to know if perahps someone knew, because I intended on purchasing them ASAP. YOu guys are really worthless when it leaves the realm of 007, don't you guys have anything better to do?
    Maybe I was right, maybe this will go nowhere. Don't post unless you can help my situation!
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Ah, it was just a joke. All in good fun JCS! B-)
    Yes, fine, young morons having fun, I come with a question and it is completely diregarded, now I see why you guys have so many onoe time posters.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Sorry never even heard of Jewel. Does she not have a website/forum, with her own fans. That would probably be a better bet.
    See, I lilke you. Even though this I have already checked, but I like your straightforwardedness (if there is such a word). I really do appreciate a tactful response. Thank you and Vaya Con Dios.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited January 2007
    Sorry JC, your question just isn't within the limited realm of my expertise...

Perhaps the initial response you received might be due to your first few posts on this site, which---as I recall---were very much 'in character' as Jesus Christ, which many people tend to take seriously, and the notion of a diety looking for help with Jewel's jewelry must be...well...humourous...to some of the 'morons' out there...

...And, speaking only for myself, I'm not so "young"... ;)

In addition, your reference to "the nature of the posters on this forum," in the first post of this thread, seemed a veiled insult to me. If this were a forum about pop star's jewelry, you might have more luck. As it is, however, a James Bond fan forum, perhaps you shouldn't be so surprised that we don't have an answer which satisfies you.

Again, sorry I can't help with your problem.

- The German
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,383Chief of Staff
    now I see why you guys have so many onoe time posters.

A large proportion of the one-time posters only come in to ask one question, often for an exam.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    She is a huge fan of the musical artist, Jewel. She told me she wants the same exact rings that Jewel wears. Can anyone supply me with information as to them and also a place where to buy them. Thanx again,

The Superstar

I have a question. When you say rings, do you mean earrings or rings you put on your finger, maybe toe rings? Does your daughter have a picture of the jewlery that you can post here. I only ask because I've Googled Jewel and all the pictures I saw she didn't have any jewelry on. Maybe a picture will help us point you in the right direction.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,618Chief of Staff
    Ever thought of asking your daughter what type of rings Jewel wears ? I'm sure she knows if shes asking for them.
    YNWA 97
    edited January 2007
    First off and most importantly, let me get this straight, I am not in any way trying to pass off as Jesus Christ. As someone anonymous of this forum once told me, don't involve yourself as in your personal life in this forum whatsoever, but let's leave it at the fact that I preach the Book, and calling me a Jesus impersonator isn't what I was going for.

Secondly, Loeffelholz, I have no intentions of insulting you. I've read a lot of your posts, as well, and you are one of the well-educated ones that I remember on this forum. I am not attempting to bash anyone, but when a man comes to someone with a problem (Albeit, a ridiculous problem, but still a problem) I would expect the poster who had non knowledge to not ostracize my seriousness of this question and the fact that I intended on maybe some woman on the forum maybe could take a stab at it and head me off into the correct path of how to obtain such goods. Loeffelholz (and please forgive me if I misspelled that, I do apologize, name’s aren't my thing), I do respect you and know that your mind and heart is honest. This I do appreciate. I just found it rather rude how you all took a personal tilt towards my preachings. At least the last few posts have shown some form of respect.

To speak the truth, I am very upset that I even posted this on this forum, and I think that since the poster's here believe that I am trying to pass myself off as our Lord, I might not come back to this. My apologies to all who I may have offended, but perhaps James Bond and this site isn’t my cup of tea.
    By the way to you all, you all are right. I admit this, as Jack Nicholson says, "When you're right, you're right, and you're right!" And to my German friend with the difficult name (again, I apologize and no harm intended), I never meant any age jokes to you. I'm not young, either, it appears to me that we have both been around. But, yes, this is a Bond fan forum, but as I understand this, you all have an "Off-Topic Chat Forum", and if you will notice, I've posted this thread inside that boundary. And I have solved my problem, quite thankfully to the amusement of a gentleman here named Bill Tanner. He released a few pages on bespoken clothing, more along the lines of articles on wardrobes (very good, also if I may add). Well, I've found someone whom curtails that word 'bespoken' in the effects of jewelry. They have started making the rings, of Cyrconium Zinc for now until I find any real matches. I have also posted a link where the jewel's on her hand can be seen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MBuckCxC1AI&mode=related&search=

This is a video of the musician's debut album. Thihs song, "You Were Meant For Me" on Jewel's Debut "Pieces of You", stayed on as a number one single for nine straighht weeks, with the album on the BillBoard charts for two straight years. The album also had another two number one hits on it. The only reason I know of this so well this that I hear this same song every morning from her bedroom. I'm quite surprised that the CD hasn't stopped working from over use!

Well, thanx again to those who offered words of advice and understanding my finnicky situation.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited January 2007
    I personally never took any offence, JC, so you certainly owe me no apology. :) I was just trying to point out one reason why the first response you received was a tongue-in-cheek reference to your AJB username. Frankly, I was a bit surprised by the angry tone you took in response, but I assure you---no hard feelings here {[]

Of course you have every right to make such a post in the off-topic forum, and I don't think any of us would assert otherwise.

Peace be with you.

P.S. You spelled my name perfectly :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    And I have solved my problem, quite thankfully to the amusement of a gentleman here named Bill Tanner. He released a few pages on bespoken clothing, more along the lines of articles on wardrobes (very good, also if I may add). Well, I've found someone whom curtails that word 'bespoken' in the effects of jewelry.

Don't think I can take the credit for any help, but I'm glad you solved your problem JC - daughters' presents are something I know a little about, having spent many a long evening prior to Christmas searching the 'net for items my 'little princess' couldn't live without.

As to the other subject of this thread, most of the guys here are mature and knowledgeable on many subjects other than Bond and I've usually found the answers to any question I've brought up. I've also had personal experience of how easy it is to insult other members with humour - irony often doesn't across very well when written (a shortfall in my literary skills?) and as I have an aversion to 'smileys' I've sometimes managed to cause unintentional offence. Napoleon is a great guy and I don't think the insult was intentional - the good humour is one of the main reasons I favour AJB over other Bond sites.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Good day JCSuperstar. The only other thing I can suggest is (if you haven't already tried it) is to contact someone from the Jewel website. I'm sure on Jewels official website there's a "contact us" link. If you click it and ask them what you asked us, maybe they can supply you with the information your looking for. Be sure to include the album name, song and video. Hopefully they'll answer your question to your satisfaction. If that doesn't work I'm sure there's a Jewel fan message board. Someone on it might have the answer to. Good luck in your search!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    One last funny thing I wanted to clarify is that theh username "JCSUperstar", is in fact a comical pun on the Mitch Pileggi filml, c'mon, who doesn't remember that one in theatres! And secondly, my nickname since I was a boy was always "Jay", but not short for James, but something my father and mother called me, and my middle initial is "C". Ironically enough, when I was younger, I always wanted to be a rock star (This was the 70's, so that was normal back then). SO, if you'll excuse the film title, "JCSuperstar" makes a little sense, at least in my world. And to everyone, thank you for all of your help. The jewel maker has got them made up and is sneding the to me in the following week, so we are good on that aspect.
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I thought it was short for John Cleese...
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Or the great Jeremy Clarkson :D