Strange cut from FYEO?

Either I've gone crazy, or the part at the beginning of FYEO when the St. Georges sinks, I've sworn they've cut out a part where all the crewmembers are running about after the mine hits and a section of Bill Conti's music there. Why would they do this?

Comments

• jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Do you mean there's been a cut on the DVD? As far as I remember, the music cuts out as soon as the limpet mine strikes the ship; after that point it's just screams and water on the soundtrack. I don't remember seeing any cuts.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    There's this one part of the soundtrack I remember hearing in the movie and I don't hear it anymore. Maybe the volume was low? I don't know...
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    You're just mixing in your head what's on the soundtrack and what's on the movie. 02:31-02:56 from Track 13 of the soundtrack is left off in the movie. It was a short disco influenced piece which would have started the moment the guy pushes that loud alarm. John Glen felt there was already too much noise in the scene and would go expense of the short dialogue, so the director opted to remove the score. It wasn't put into any print of the picture.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I could've sworn I'd heard it when it was on TV because I thought "Hey, that was some fun music, I'm going to listen to the soundtrack now!"

It was there! I swore... nnnnnnng....