Sudoku

Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
Just curious if any one else does these puzzles? A co-worker gave me his Sudoku book tonight. He wanted me to do the easy puzzles, but man they're hard. Anyone have any tips or tricks to these puzzles. I figured out the first puzzle, then checked the answers and found mistakes. I'm currently working on the second puzzle and have already hit a brick wall. Should I try working the 3x3 boxes first or go for broke and work the whole 9x9 box a line at a time? Thanks in advance for any help!
Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I found these things pretty easy tbh.

There are loads of possible ways of working each number out. There are loads of guides on the net which explain the different ways of working them out.
    1 is http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    I don't do them but my nine year old does and she finds the 3x3 ones really easy! I only posted this to make Mr Martini feel silly! (tee hee) :))
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    9x9 are the only ones worth doing.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:
    I found these things pretty easy tbh.

There are loads of possible ways of working each number out. There are loads of guides on the net which explain the different ways of working them out.
    1 is http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php

Thank you. I'll check this site out.

words wrote:
    I don't do them but my nine year old does and she finds the 3x3 ones really easy! I only posted this to make Mr Martini feel silly! (tee hee) :))

My co-worker said that the puzzles I'm doing are easy also. For the most part they seem to be, but then I look back and find I've put the same number in a same line. That's when it get's frustrating.

9x9 are the only ones worth doing.

The book he gave me has, easy mild and hard. It also has Sudoku puzzles called Loop the Loop and Bridges.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Sometimes I find the hard ones easy and the easy ones hard. It's just the ways you use and the way your brain works which generally makes it easier or harder.

Just check and double check the lines before you put a number in to make sure it isn't always there. I try not to put a number in, unless I know it's 100% correct and no other number could possibly go there.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    I do the 9x9 ones regular.

Good fun and frustrating at the same time !
    YNWA 97
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    I tend to do the "Samurai" ones if I have the time. Great mental exercise (unless of course you make a mistake and need to retrace your steps X-( )
    Never heard of the Samurai ones. Are they just harder versions? There bloody addictive little things.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    A Samurai sudoku looks like this:

puzzle.gif

While there is an extended version of that which can be a killer, a really weekend job. ;)
    Wow never seen one like that. How big can they make them 100x100 squares?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    Predator wrote:
    I tend to do the "Samurai" ones if I have the time. Great mental exercise (unless of course you make a mistake and need to retrace your steps X-( )

Yea, I've done a couple of those - but only when I have plenty of quiet, undisturbed time - so not very often then :#
    YNWA 97