I'm BEGGIN' ya...

bobfagent 004bobfagent 004 Posts: 55MI6 Agent
I wrote and perform in an anti-tobbaco commercial that's in a competition. PLEASE click on the web site posted below. You can scroll down the video selection until you see "The Pathway School". Click on this and you'll see the 30 second clip.Then please vote for it -- it will only take a minute and it will be SO Appreciated!!!

Thanks for your support - remember The Pathway School! Thanks!!
Please feel free to share with everyone you know!! -- Bob

http://montcobusted.com/vote2007.html

“This may only be an exercise as far as the Ministry of Defence is concerned…but for me it’s a matter of pride.” ;)

Comments

• scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    hey,

i watched your commercial, and im sorry but im not going to vote for it, its well made (that a compliment coming from a video production student) BUT i am a smoker and i hate those kinds of advertisments, in fact any anti-tobacco adverts, as i fell that its our right to choose whether we want to smok or not, i feel that these commercials discriminate against smokers, and that we dont need people telling us what to do.

no offence, its just my opinion, 10/10 for effort though.
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    scottmu65 wrote:
    i feel that these commercials discriminate against smokers
    Of course they descriminate against smokers. Their goal is to encourage people not to smoke. :p
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Lol. I also agree it is well made but I also agree that smokers don't need telling what to do. It is impossible for them not to know what cigerretes can do to their body and if they choose to smoke then it's their choice. It's the same for drug users a lot of the time also.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Also, don't ever tell a person not to jump off a bridge. They god damn know what they're doing, so make sure just to let them kill themselves.

Right... :s
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    This commercial and others like it don't force anyone what or what not to do. Their intent is no different from the objective of smoking advertisements, which is to persuade behavior.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I'd love to see it and vote for it (I'm all for these ads, myself), but you can click on "The Pathway School" all day long and the video still won't load into that little player on the left... :( In fact none of the videos load. It just says "Connecting to Media"...

I don't think it's my connection, not to mention I tried it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer... Maybe there's something wrong with the site?
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Bring on a ban on smoking in all public places. It's a disgusting habit. Nobody wants to smoke. It should be put as a Class C drug, but the amount of tax it earns the government that will never happen. They tell everyone not to do it but they don't mind lining their pockets with the tax.
  • bobfagent 004bobfagent 004 Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I don't think it's my connection, not to mention I tried it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer... Maybe there's something wrong with the site?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The site is back up now. :) Tanks for your support. {[]

Oh, and s96024, well said. B-)