What If....??

scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
edited February 2007 in General James Bond Chat
Hello, it's been a while since i've started a thread so here goes,

I was having a conversation with my dad a while back about bond, and he mentioned that David Niven was originally going to be cast as Bond instead of Connery in Dr No, and he also said that Niven would have been a better bond (Not sure i agree. :p) Now i'm not entirley sure whether my dad's statement about Niven being up for the role of Bond before Connery was true or not but nevertheless it got me thinking.

What if David Niven was chosen as Bond? Where do you think that the series would be now if he had, how would the series have progressed casting wise? Also i heard that Mel Gibson was a choice for the role of bond after Dalton :s (thank god pierce was chosen) who do you think would be playing bond now if he had? I think it would be someone like Sly Stallone. lol

Unfortunatly i haven't seen David Niven in any films at all so i am unable to voice (or type) my opinion on this but I am interested to read what you all think about it.
http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.

Comments

• RustiRoyaleRustiRoyale Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Thank Gawd Niven wasn't chosen. I dont know how the series would have progressed but im sure it would have died a death much sooner.
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    David Niven was a great actor, but I don't think he had the bond physics, I'm not talking about a handsome face or something like that, but the right age and body to make everyone believe he was a secret service agent...