GE - nine years ago

One of the little things I loved in GE was the fact that the set-up PTS was billed as "nine years ago", i.e. 1986 when PB was first in line to play Bond. I'm not sure if it was trying to say that this is where PB belonged all along, or just a nod to his near-miss on the part back then.

Either way though, little references to the hsitory of the series, like this, are always enjoyable, and shows a sense time and significance in the ever-progressing world of Bond.

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Then perhaps the producers should have started CR with "In Another Dimension..." :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • crawfordbooncrawfordboon Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    too true....
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Then perhaps the producers should have started CR with "In Another Dimension..." :))

Beautiful Tee Hee, these people need to realize this about the tripe. {:)

Anyway, Pierce did belong there, but it could be a reason for Dalton's ****y behavior. Think, in the Facility, Bond thinks he was the reason his friend and companion Alec Trevelyan was killed so he had to live with it through TLD and LTK and was all "Grrr I'm mean, bleh!".
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    That's a great idea. :D
    Anyway, Pierce did belong there, but it could be a reason for Dalton's ****y behavior. Think, in the Facility, Bond thinks he was the reason his friend and companion Alec Trevelyan was killed so he had to live with it through TLD and LTK and was all "Grrr I'm mean, bleh!".
    So, that explains it. :D {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    for all the close resemblance Cr had to James Bond, it might as well have opened with the message "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far, Away."
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    for all the close resemblance Cr had to James Bond, it might as well have opened with the message "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far, Away."

I'm sorry, but the acting was far too believable and the effects were a bit too realistic for that. :))
  • AlFoAlFo Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    "These aren't the cards you're looking for"
    "These aren't the cards we're looking for"

Dalton wasn't just second choice to Brosnan though he was also approached much earlier on but he felt he was too young for the role.

Wouldn't it have been strange if Dalton had played bond in the ge pts and fell into a vat of chemicals and had a Dr who type transformation.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    For the recored, Dalton was considered for TLD first. He however had comittiments and turned the role down. Then it went to Brosnan, who agreed. He sadly got screwed around by the Remmington Steele people, and had to turn the role down. By the time that they were looking to replace Brosnan production had been delayed and Dalton popped into the role. He wasnt the second choice.

I wouldnt have said there was any real significance for the 9 years later, maybe they just wanted to show that a significant amount of time had passed. After all, if he had been doing the pre titles in 1991, the whole communisim thing would be winding down.

Additionally, Remington Steele always sounds like some form of electric razor.
  • AlFoAlFo Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    makes a lot of sense. Remington make razors. Razors are made from steel.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    For the recored, Dalton was considered for TLD first.

If you mean that Timothy Dalton was considered before Pierce Brosnan you'd be right. But Dalton wasn't the first to be considered for TLD. Sam Neill was screentested and appeared to have support from amongst the Eon hierachy, but Cubby Broccoli was not convinced.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    That really upset me, I would have loved Samn Niel as Bond. After all, he is Australian.

(Technically he's a New Zealander, but we claim his as oue own.)
    You should read and comment in the "Radically Different TLD" thread, if you haven't already. Sam Neill for me.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    That really upset me, I would have loved Samn Niel as Bond. After all, he is Australian.

(Technically he's a New Zealander, but we claim his as oue own.)

You guys always do this, he is a NZer he may live in Aussie from time to time but he is a New Zealander. SORRY!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    You should read and comment in the "Radically Different TLD" thread, if you haven't already. Sam Neill for me.
    Yes, I agree with that. I think he could have been a much better Bond than Dalton; but then again, I think anybody could have. :#

Really though, I think that Neil could have been a very good Bond. -{
    You guys always do this, he is a NZer he may live in Aussie from time to time but he is a New Zealander. SORRY!
    You mean that New Zealand isn't the seventh Australian state? :p :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Lol Possibly!

We can have the same currency like the EU but no way are we a country! :p
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."