Daniel Craig Bondfacing off with Blofeld?

This is a thought, a thought only, it may have been mentioned before but i cant see it mentioned anywhere so i thought hey ho.

OK. If we are going back to the beginning. If Blofeld were to return how would you like to see the character handled in the 21st century? (This is not a good idea/bad idea flamer question but a what if.)

Comments

• ClassicClassic Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure whether they should bring back any of the old villains. I would like to see an adversary that was as formidable as the Telly Savalas version of Blofeld though. I don't think there's been a great villain for a while. Mads Mikkelson was fine, but LeChiffre is a fairly low-key villain.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I think that the Blofeld storyline has been developed as far as it can go, but I understand and see the significance of the character in the Bond mythos that it may be too valuable to let alone. What if they add a twist to the Bond vs. Blofeld story by making them related? Too Freudian, I'm sure, but something that might be interesting enough to be worth it. As to possibly being too gimicky, they do it all the time! Just look at 24 and Alias. Who could play Blofeld as Bond's father, or even brother?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,356Chief of Staff
    superado wrote:
    Who could play Blofeld as Bond's father, or even brother?

Mike Myers, obviously. After Austin Powers and Dr. Evil turned out to be brothers, this is not a place for 007 to go!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    superado wrote:
    Who could play Blofeld as Bond's father, or even brother?

Mike Myers, obviously. After Austin Powers and Dr. Evil turned out to be brothers, this is not a place for 007 to go!

:)) Imagine that? Craig playing both roles! ...I'm sure that sheer acting excellence can overcome even a bald head prosthetic!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,356Chief of Staff
    superado wrote:
    I'm sure that sheer acting excellence can overcome even a bald head prosthetic!

Well, if it can overcome a potato head then a bald head should be no problem.