new bionic woman series

Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
edited February 2007 in Off Topic Chat
anyone else see this here

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/13022007/344/michelle-ryan-becomes-bionic-woman.html

and here too
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5213

I can sort of understand NBC redoing the bionic woman ( look at how well battlestar galactica is doing)
but not too sure about Michelle Ryan
any thoughts?
Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Unlike The Six Million Dollar Man, which I watched a few times, I have never seen a single episode of The Bionic Woman. ;% It is times like this in which I wish I was 10, or even 20, years older. There are so many great shows that I have missed out on. :# Ah well, hopefully this remake will make it to Australia. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    But will this "re-imagining" capture the brilliance of the original? Slow-motion running to show just how fast she is, a stuntwoman jumping backwards from a ten-foot wall and running the footage in reverse, the "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh" sound every time she performs a superhuman task, and the "boop-boop-boop-boop" whenever she uses her bionic hearing? Are we going to get a bunch of CGI effects? Perish the thought!

But that Michelle Ryan is certainly easy on the eyes--bionic or otherwise!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    But will this "re-imagining" capture the brilliance of the original? Slow-motion running to show just how fast she is, a stuntwoman jumping backwards from a ten-foot wall and running the footage in reverse, the "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh" sound every time she performs a superhuman task, and the "boop-boop-boop-boop" whenever she uses her bionic hearing? Are we going to get a bunch of CGI effects? Perish the thought!

But that Michelle Ryan is certainly easy on the eyes--bionic or otherwise!

And who can ever forget that episode where she used her bionic fingernail as a can opener. :))

I remember getting in many a heated discussion about who would win a Bionic Woman vs. Wonder Woman fight when I was a youngling. For me though, The Bionic Woman (and The Six Million Dollar Man for that matter) really haven't aged all that well - they look really hokey by today's standards with all the slo-mo and cheezy sound effects.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on the material. I'm not familiar with Michelle Ryan and don't know if she can handle the physical requirements of the role. I'd always envisioned a more athletic type; maybe somebody like volleyball celeb Gabrielle Reece.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,289MI6 Agent
    Imagine shagging the bionic woman and getting your dinkle trapped in the mechanisms.... :s

Nah, Wonder Woman for me. She's got a lassoo.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Imagine shagging the bionic woman and getting your dinkle trapped in the mechanisms.... :s
    It's only a different wrinkle for your dinkle. "nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh.."
    Nah, Wonder Woman for me. She's got a lassoo.
    Yeah, a lasso that makes you tell the truth

There goes that idea ;)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Ah, Lindsey Wagner! Those were the days :)

Although it was admittedly more interesting to watch Steve Rogers use his bionic vision than it was a woman 'listening' to something.

So in Spanish 'The Six Million Dollar Man' was called "El Hombre Nuclear"...I don't know why but that always cracks me up.
    edited February 2007
    darenhat wrote:
    Ah, Lindsey Wagner! Those were the days :)

Although it was admittedly more interesting to watch Steve Rogers use his bionic vision than it was a woman 'listening' to something.

So in Spanish 'The Six Million Dollar Man' was called "El Hombre Nuclear"...I don't know why but that always cracks me up.

El Hombre Nuclear :)) :)) :))

Lindsey Wagner did have quite a set of stems; although like NP I would pick Wonder Woman over her - Lynda Carter just can't be beat. And I think it was Steve Austin, unless Captain America had a cameo in there that I missed. ;)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Shah, daren! Steve Rogers is Captain America! The Six Million Dollar Man is Steve Austin (and not the wrestler, either)!

Anyway,
    TonyDP wrote:
    For me though, The Bionic Woman (and The Six Million Dollar Man for that matter) really haven't aged all that well - they look really hokey by today's standards with all the slo-mo and cheezy sound effects.

Testify, Brother! I was a huge Six Million Dollar Man fan when I was a kid--I even had the Kenner action figure with the hole in his head so you could look through his bionic eye, as well as the cool Maskatron fig--and, several years ago, I was excited to learn Sci Fi Channel was running the show. I watched a few episodes, hoping to rekindle that childhood magic, and I was just stunned by bad the show is--dopey plots, terrible dialogue, laughable special effects, leisure suits all around. . . Some memories are best left in childhood!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Some memories are best left in childhood!

Amen to that. Alas, the Sci-Fi Channel has unintentionally tainted many a childhood memory for me; Buck Rogers was another disappointment. As a teenager I used to watch it religously, mainly to see Erin Gray in her sprayed on catsuit and the requisite bimbo of the week. Funny how the young mind could look past the cardboard sets and cheap, repetitive FX shots.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Well, I haven't seen The Six Million Dollar Man in well over twenty years. My abiding memory is of the opening title sequence, I absolutely loved it. The visuals, the military style drum beat "She's breaking up" "We have the technology" and all that. I wouldn't mind risking spoiling a few teen memories just to see that opening sequence again.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Does anyone remember the love episode where Lee Majors was actually singing a love ballad and he was running alongside Jamie in slow motion through a field or something like that? Corn-eeeeeey! :))

The residue hasn't washed clean of my memory after all of these years...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    edited February 2007
    Well, I haven't seen The Six Million Dollar Man in well over twenty years. My abiding memory is of the opening title sequence, I absolutely loved it. The visuals, the military style drum beat "She's breaking up" "We have the technology" and all that. I wouldn't mind risking spoiling a few teen memories just to see that opening sequence again.

Here ya go MNL, one fond childhood memory coming right up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNrAoxy-h8

And here's the opening to the Bionic Woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHDvgGxabw
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Does anyone remember the love episode where Lee Majors was actually singing a love ballad and he was running alongside Jamie in slow motion through a field or something like that? Corn-eeeeeey! :))

God, I can't believe I'm remembering this. I think that was the one where Jamie Summers died after rejecting her bionic implants. As a heartbroken Steve cradles her in his arms we cut to the sugary flashback and dulcet tones. It still can't top William Shatner's dynamic rendition of Rocket Man.

Personally, my favorite episodes were the ones where we discover Bigfoot was actually a robot working for some benevolent aliens led by Stephanie Powers. :o
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:

Yes yes, the one with Louis Armstrong singing, and lots of canoodling, and-...oh, sorry, wrong series. :D

The Six Million Dollar Man...in the six-dollar sweatsuit unzipped to the solar plexus...ugh!!
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    TonyDP wrote:

Doh! You Tube, why didn't I think of that?

Tony, thank you very much. You have made this middled aged man very happy. And made him feel feel young again, at least for tonight. :)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Shah, daren! Steve Rogers is Captain America! The Six Million Dollar Man is Steve Austin (and not the wrestler, either)!

Steve Austin, Lee Majors, Steve Rogers. An honest lapse. ;%
    TonyDP wrote:

Doh! You Tube, why didn't I think of that?

Tony, thank you very much. You have made this middled aged man very happy. And made him feel feel young again, at least for tonight. :)

My pleasure MNL. There's a whole treasure trove of clips from TSMDM and TBW on YouTube, if you're brave enough to watch them. ;)
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Zoe Slater from Eastenders the bionic woman? {[] I hope they give her some slinky oufits. Michelle Ryan was in the running to replace Billie Piper in Dr Who but missed out. Looks like she landed on her feet though.