Hot Fuzz Premiere

So i was at the Hot Fuzz premiere last night, for one reason only, and that was to meet Timothy Dalton, it was ****ing down with rain and most of my signatures from other celebs i.e Nick Frost where barely readable in the rain, however i had the slip case from Licence to Kill under my hoodie to keep it absolutely dry, he comes over saying "they are rushing me in" but i just shout frantically and he goes to sign my dvd and says "sorry cant do those because of Ebay"
........how....annoying, i mean who will by a soggy Timothy Dalton signature, and even if it is sold on ebay...who cares, surely its better than a fake one, the fact is im a huge Dalton and Bond fan so would never dream of it, GAH, i got some good photos and i spose he spoke to me sorta....haha thats my claim to fame with Bond now!

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Wow, that certainly is a shame. The only way nowadays to get an authentic Timothy Dalton autograph is to either buy one or catch him in person (he sends Preprints through the mail). You should have had him sign something else, like an index card. I would imagine meeting him in person is a once in a lifetime event. You may not get another chance.

It is cool that you got to meet him and exchange a few words though.

Damn Ebay! :p
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • licencetokilllicencetokill Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    i know, you see i had an autograph book, but London yesterday was pouring down and freezing, so i could hardly use my fingers let alone get out a soggy book! its annoying when celebrities ACT like celebrities, one man who i really didnt expect to turn up who i admire is Derren Brown, and he was happy to talk to everyone and was the only celeb to spend more time with fans that with the TV cameras on the other side!

I can now hope for another big film which Dalton is in, although i doubt it somewhat, unless Simon Pegg puts him in his next film again.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Timothy is very funny about what he signs these days.

He will not sign any Bond shots, he only signs cards.

He was a good signer up until the end of his Bond days but ever since then, he has been declining to sign any Bond items.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Well, at least he apologized and explained why. Other celebs might have just said "no"
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    It is a bit sad really that he wouldn't sign it for a fan who has made the effort to go there. It's hardly as if someone would sit out in the rain waiting hours just for his signature, to then go and sell it on ebay for hardly anything. It's hardly a very valuable one.

I was actually going to go, glad I didn't now :(.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Hot Fuzz is certainly a hot film at the UK box office. According to Screen International, HF grossed £5.9 million on it's opening weekend. That makes it easily the highest grossing film, a clear £4 million ahead of Charlotte's Web.