We're all cheesy ... but which one?

PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
edited February 2007 in Off Topic Chat
http://www.astradyne.co.uk/cheese/
Your cheese rating is: Gorgonzola
Gorgonzola is a semi-soft blue cheese made in the village of the same name in Northern Italy. The cheese is yellow/white with green/blue penicillin mould marbling giving a sharp, spicy flavour.

My favourite cheese too!

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Your cheese rating is: Limburger

A traditional soft cheese, originating in Belgium. Limburger has a red/brown rind with corrugated edges, and a creamy yellowish body. It tastes almost meaty, and has a legendary aroma due to enzymes breaking down proteins on the surface of the cheese.

Never heard of it and it sounds pretty horrible to.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    my cheese is stilton

Stilton

The King of cheeses. Stilton is a rich, tangy cheese with blue/grey marbled mould veins running throughout, and a dry, crusty, inedible rind. Daniel Defoe mentioned Stilton as "a town famous for its cheeses" in 1727. It is milder than is continental counterparts, Roquefort and Gorgonzola, and is famed as a dessert cheese, best served with Port.

and i hate it
    I love stilton. :s
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I'm a non-cheese person, but my cheese rating is Danablu.

Danablu (Danish Blue) is unsurprisingly a blue cheese from Denmark. It was invented in the early 20th century by Marius Boel. It has a sharp, almost metallic taste, and feels creamy in the mouth. It has a gritty, salty, blue/black rind. Danablu is also known as Marmora.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    i'm a brie and dad is a stilton. I think it's a good idea but I would like to be cheddar :'(.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Never heard of this cheese.

Your cheese rating is:
    Boursin

Boursin is a soft, fresh cheese, first made by Monsieur Boursin in 1957. It has a rich, sweet flavour with a hint of acidity, and is flavoured with garlic, herbs or pepper.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Your cheese rating is: Gorgonzola

Interesting...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    It depends. I'm a sharp cheddar.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    This has to be the work of some British cheesemakers (blessed are they) who are trying to drum up some business. I mean, determining your cheese factor based on your name and not your personality? So here are my results:

Wensleydale

A traditional hard cheese, whose ancestry can be traced back at least as far as the Cistercian monks who came to England with William the Conqueror. It has a moist, crumbly texture, and comes in two main variants, blue and white. Blue Wensleydale has blue veins, double cream, and is similar to Stilton. White Wensleydale comes in a flat disc, with a honey flavour.

Sorry, but I haven't heard of Wensleydale, and I certainly don't have such a pure pedigree. I'm an American, a blend of cheeses from all over Europe! In short, I have seen the Velveeta, and it is me!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • CatarinitaCatarinita Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Your cheese rating is: Testouri

Testouri is a small, round, Egyptian cheese made from sheep or goat milk. It was introduced into North Africa by the Ottomans in the 15th century

Heh, never tried this....;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,616Chief of Staff
    Apparently I'm Monterrey Jack - it has a buttery, bland taste amd melts easily - seems to have me spot on ;)
    YNWA 97
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Gouda - a traditional Dutch hard cheese.

Must be an accurate reflection of me - there's at least two gratuitous innuendos in there ;)

And HB, for shame; you've never heard of Wensleydale?!?!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
    You must have seen Wallace and Gromit.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Mine sounds perfectly horrid..

Your cheese rating is: King River Gold

An Australian semi-soft cheese, made from cows milk in Milawa, about 200km from Melbourne. It has a pink/orange rind with a dusting a grey mould, and has a sharp taste.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Well I'm Port Salut. I'm very proud of myself. ;)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Meira

Meira is a traditional Iraqi cheese, made from sheeps milk. The curds are cut into strips and matured in a sheepskin bag for between 6 and 12 months.

:o :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    This has to be the work of some British cheesemakers (blessed are they)

:)) ... and remember the sketch in which John Cleese (whose original family name was Cheese!) tries to buy some cheese from Michael Palin?
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Meira

Meira is a traditional Iraqi cheese, made from sheeps milk. The curds are cut into strips and matured in a sheepskin bag for between 6 and 12 months.

I'm so glad that's curds with a 'c'. :)
    unitedkingdom.png
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Bleasdale (sounds like a sheep town)

A marbled cheddar, made by mixing plain and annatto coloured curds. It is slightly softer than traditional cheddar.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited February 2007
    Barbel wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:
    This has to be the work of some British cheesemakers (blessed are they)

:)) ... and remember the sketch in which John Cleese (whose original family name was Cheese!) tries to buy some cheese from Michael Palin?

One of the great sketches in the history of comedy; Palin's character was, in fact, named Mr. Wensleydale...

CLEESE: Not much of a cheese shop, really, is it?

PALIN: Finest in the district, sir.

CLEESE: How is that?

PALIN: It's so clean.

CLEESE: Well...it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese.

B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Meira

Perhaps 6 to 12 months in a sheepskin bag will mature you too Loeffs. :v :))

Here's my results:

Your cheese rating is: Double Gloucester

A traditional unpasteurized cheese, made in Gloucestershire since the middle ages. Double Gloucester is a firm, full cream cheese, made with the milk from two milking sessions, hence the name. It has a hard rind, and a rich, buttery taste, and a pale orange colour.

I think I know you all intimately now... :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Neufchatel...

A traditional soft, white table cheese from Normandy in France. Neufchâtel smells and tastes of mushrooms. It has a dry, velvety rind, and a grainy texture. When mature, Neufchâtel develops a bitter, slaty, acrid taste.

I'm not exactly sure that there is anything there necessarily worth putting on my resume'
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    Your cheese rating is: Gouda

Gouda is a traditional hard cheese, named after the Dutch town of the same name.

I think Gouda is alright. Personally, I love most cheeses.
  • kees007kees007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Gouda - a traditional Dutch hard cheese.

Must be an accurate reflection of me - there's at least two gratuitous innuendos in there ;)

And HB, for shame; you've never heard of Wensleydale?!?!

Good choice. I went to High School in Gouda! Always loved their cheese!

Kees :-)