if only TLD had been more like this...

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    That was indeed a great scene. It's too bad it ended up on the cutting room floor.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    good scene, but wrong Bond
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:
    good scene, but wrong Bond

I agree Whole Heartedly
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    I always hated this scene. Speaking as an admirer of TLD I thank heavens it got cut.
    Incidentally, there's a "radically different TLD" thread open somewhere and a few good points are raised there about the movie's limitations, and possible improvements.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    The producers were wise to cut the magic carpet ride from TLD. I only wish they would have used the same judgement on numerous other OTT moments throughout the series.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    It'd slow the pace of the movie down, having a gag to end a well paced chase. It also would have overshadowed Pushkin's assassination if it had been in there.
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    Fish1941 wrote:
    Thank goodness that ended up on the cutting floor. The gadget-filled Aston-Martin was bad enough. That "carpet ride" would have seemed out of place for a Dalton film.

I agree that the carpet ride was wisely cut but I adore the Aston Martin/cello case skiing sequence. It reminded me of the chase with the Lotus in TSWLM. It was so well done and the rest of TLD was mostly pretty serious so it didn't bother me.

The "carpet ride" and the ski chase show us how an OTT Dalton Bond film might have been like if they made that rumored film about robots and Hong Kong in the early 1990s.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    The producers were wise to cut the magic carpet ride from TLD. I only wish they would have used the same judgement on numerous other OTT moments throughout the series.

Amen.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    And halleluyah.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Bring on the Gospel music! :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman