A discountent with this board, and my swan song.

Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
edited March 2007 in General James Bond Chat
Hey guys, I haven't been around here lately. College is enslaving me, so I haven't really had a whole lot of time to come on here and post. One thing that I was getting a little tired of, and that I've seen a little bit of in scrolling through the boards tonight, is the negativity. There are a lot of threads dedicated to the "worst," "most overrated," etc.. Not to mention all of the arguments that get started in the "positive" threads in which somoene disagrees that something is good, and feels so strongly about it that they have to crap all over it. Then someone gets very defensive, and it degenerates into a personal argument. It happens with everyone of every perspective. I can't tell you how many times I've seen JFF or Dan post some trashing of Dalton (and recently, from JFF, on CR) and wanted to strangle them. And I'm sure that JFF has wanted to do the same to those who criticize AVTAK.

So, my plead is this: boycott negativity. There's no reason for negativity to be on this board, and there's no reason to get into personal tiffs and to offend other people just because they have a perspective you don't agree with. The point of this board is to celebrate Bond, our hero who has been presented in so many forms over the years, all of them great in their own way. It's not to trash the actors or movies that we don't like that others cherish.

In any event, I'm probably not going to be posting much more on this board. I'm in the big boy days of my college career (pretty much all 500-level courses, prepping for summer abroad at LSE, getting ready for grad school), so I don't exactly have much time for anything except working out and the occasional drunken evening at one of Chapel Hill, NC's fine bars. I may drop in occasionally, but certainly not on a regular basis. I would like to say I've enjoyed this board a great deal and discussing the greatest and coolest character to ever exist.

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    You'll be missed. Good luck with school, and at those bars...{[]

About the negativity, there's just some strong opinions in here, which the 40-plus year old series lends itself to. And, after we've talked the latest one to death, what else is there to do but grind a favorite axe or two? ;) I haven't been posting much myself lately, post-CR doldrums I guess. Just picked up a TSWLM DVD, haven't seen that one wide screen since it came out, thought I'd give it a go, always nice to revisit the older films, see what's changed in them/me.
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Timothy Dalton aside I don't think we agreed on much but I enjoyed reading your posts and will miss your regular contributions. Good luck for the future {[]
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    Without the dark there would be no light. Opinions are the very soul of discussion and inherently human. The boards would be a very boring place if we all were positive about things. Negativity draws out the passion and positivity of others. Great stuff.

Good luck, by the way.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Klaus -- Good luck with your studies. {[] You will be missed at AJB, and hopefully you'll be back in time to offer your take on the relative merits of Bond 22. And don't let the disagreements you read here get you down: they're a big part of the fun, for me anyway. And I think they help keep the old boy going: It's just amazing how a character born during the Cold War could still inspire so much discussion.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    It's just amazing how a character born during the Cold War could still inspire so much discussion.

... and passion.

Good luck with the studies Klaus.Pop in when you can. -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited March 2007
    Cheers to the Great Hergescheimer {[]

May you always receive all the credit due you ;)

Hope to hear from you down the road...

Best Wishes,

The German
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Best of luck with college Klaus. Take care, try to stay in touch and keep rooting for Jeff Gordon to get #5. :)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    much luck in your studies! {[]

do pop in now and again...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Wow, I step away from the board for a minute . . .

Hit the books, Klaus, but definitely come back. Your posts and good cheer will be missed in the meantime, bud.

-{