SD Studios Golden Gun possibly for sale

Hello all,

I have an SD Studios Golden Gun with all the relevant dossier and photos which came with.

I have been thinking of selling it.

What kind of price should I be asking for/is it worth.

Also where would be best to sell it (would anyone here be interested)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    eBay would be the best place - you'll get a global audience.

That said, eBay are restricting international auctions i.e. you can list as "will ship worldwide" all you like but the item probably won't show in other countries...

http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2413
  • THEBESTMANTHEBESTMAN Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    I am a little worried about selling it abroad if I do decide to sell.

The reason being is because of how delicate it is in particular the glass on the case.

If I do go with e-bay I think I will restrict it to e-bay UK.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I would do world wide...if you see the GGs that have gone for over $2k they have been from collectors in the states. Just pack the glass case with styrofoam and bubble wrap and it should survive....then pack the GG separately....just trying to get the most for you. If it is in good condition it could go well over $2500.
  • ohm5sohm5s Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    interested, will make best offer possible, email me pics to nick@jamesbondtoys.net
  • greggunraygreggunray Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    I'm quite interested too - is there any chance of getting some pictures please? My address is gunrayAThotmail.com
    (replacing the AT, of course!)
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Did not get a chance to take pics this weekend as I intended sorry.

Will take some pics by middle of this week and post them both here and will send direct to anyones e-mail who has requested them.
  • jscarlettjscarlett Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    I had one on a special "dueling set" plaque facing a Maruzen PPK. Made a killing on it, but boy do I miss the old girl.... Ah well, it bought me refinished hardwood floors and part of my kitchen renovation.

Actually might have a line on some GG parts from the original machinist in Pennsylvania. I need to follow up. Wouldn't be cool if we could reproduce a small run for just our little group?

Just thinking out loud....
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    I think you would get a good take-up, yes.
  • jscarlettjscarlett Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    For a goof, I checked my PayPal history. I sold my GG dueling set back in August 2004 for $1600. For some reason, I thought I had gotten more for it. Then again, that was 3 years ago, and I got it for free originally (well, actually for bartered services).

I'll look into the machinist and report back.

John
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    I just posted a GG and Moonraker Gun on Ebay tonight. Both mint in cases...thanks!
    Sorry I have not posted pics yet for everyone interested.

I plan to do so ASAP - I have been feeling a little ill the last couple of weeks and been busy in work so just not had a chance yet.

Thanks for being patient.
  • Mr LingMr Ling Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi there

Hope you're feeling better. Are you still selling your GG?