Raymond Benson's Top 10

2»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited May 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    I don't think there is any obligation to feature all six actors, unless you like all six actors.

I think you're right. My top ten, as listed, only contains five of the six Bond actors*...but that's merely because these actors happen to be in my favourite Bond films. I'd certainly never set a quota mandating that all Bond actors are represented...this is a 'merit' thing, as far as I'm concerned; not 'inclusion' simply for its own sake.

* And guess what? It's not missing the actor you might expect... :v :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent

Good to know you're not completely irrational. ;)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:

Of course not! Your fellow's picture clocks in, appropriately, at #10 :v
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    in fact, Loeff appears even more rational considering which actor is not in his top 10 list. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • James F EJames F E Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    My list is pretty close, pretty much same films just arranged slightly different.-{
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    I don't think there is any obligation to feature all six actors, unless you like all six actors.

I think you're right. My top ten, as listed, only contains five of the six Bond actors*...but that's merely because these actors happen to be in my favourite Bond films. I'd certainly never set a quota mandating that all Bond actors are represented...this is a 'merit' thing, as far as I'm concerned; not 'inclusion' simply for its own sake.

WOOOHOO!!! No Dalton! Loeff, I must say I'm very surprised, because I thought you were into Dalton's "gritty, Flemingesque" portrayal of the character. I guess I was wrong! There is a God after all! Thank you so much Loeff, I like you a lot more now. ;)
    Anything to reaffirm your faith in God, JFF :))

I do like Dalton's Bond more than Moore's (of course!), but I just never thought Dalton's films had sufficient consistency of tone to crack my top ten. For the most part, Moore's films were tailored to his style of portrayal, and therefore 'worked' better within a limited context.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    At last, a bridge between Loeffs and JFF.

I certainly didn't see it coming. :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:
    At last, a bridge between Loeffs and JFF.

I certainly didn't see it coming. :))

Nor did I...tenuous though it may be :D