Dalton as villain

Would love to see Tim Dalton come back as a villain. The mans a great actor who would bring a real bit of class to Bond 22. Maybe even as Vesper's former lover? I love the idea that he could be behind the organisation. One person I don't want to see back is John Cleese. I thought he was too over the top as Q. Plus as Bond 22 would be carrying on from the last film, they should bring in an actor alike to Desmond Llewelyn. Or better still, leave him out altogether!

Comments

• Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    Of course, I'd always welcome Dalton back. It would be interesting to watch him and Craig play against each other. But I figure the likelihood of it happening is about as likely as Sean Bean ever playing James Bond.
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Yes. Especially considering how wellhe worked as a villain in Hot Fuzz.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Timbo is, of course, a great actor, but personally I don't like the series "reusing" actors, no matter who they are. There are hundreds of fantastic, charismatic performers out there - use one of them instead of returning to the Dalton well (or the Joe Don Baker well, or the Maud Adams one - or for that matter, Connery/Lazenby/Moore/Brosnan). Dalton would have a novelty value and he would be great but I'd rather see someone new.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    ...is about as likely as Sean Bean ever playing James Bond.

And that is not going to happen, however much I would have loved it to happen, 10 years ago.

I don't mind the return of old actors / actresses, I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie Coltrane or John Rhys Davies or Sean Bean in another Bond film, I'm not going to campaign for them but I'd be quite happy if it happened.

however I believe acotrs who have donned the tux of James Bond should stay away from Bond films, the only part I wouldn't hate an ex Bond playing is Bond's father, but thats another thread.
  • NaNadjaNaNadja Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    That's right. I don't want to see Tim Dalton again in there. First of all I am not convinced he is such a great actor. But more importantly because of the reasons Solaris already posted: He was Bond so he should not come back again.
  • markdownmarkdown Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    i think that is a great idea. i have nothing against bringing back old bonds in new parts connery for instance would make a brilliant M imho.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Well err yes, Dalton I suppose would be a good villain.

That said, I wouldn't like to see him on a Bond film again though!

Take a look at The Rocketeer for his villainous ways!!
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    i think dalton would make a pretty good villain, would rather see sir sean return though, also seeing as CR rebooted the series i wouldnt mind seeing Sean Bean return as 006, as obviously all previous bond films are now void to the plotlines, includin GE.
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Dalton was a good Bond and he would be a good villan, but not in a Bond film! Hopefully the days when Bond was a film genre by its own and was full of in-jokes and referances to other Bond films are over. Now they must make exellent action thrillers with James Bond being the hero.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    He would make a great villain, but I think it would be too confusing to have an ex-Bond come back in any capacity. It's also not particularly creative, not to mention any continuity problems it might lead to. Once an actor becomes Bond, I think that is where their contribution should end. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    I think it would be great to see Tim in as a villain, but it would be, imho, kinda weird for the longtime Bond fans...I do think Connery would make a great M, though...again, a bit of a novelty act...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • From FinlandFrom Finland Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    edited February 2008
    They should cast every bond actor in the same film.
    Connery would be M,Dalton would be a villain,umh Moore would be Q >_> etc..confusing i know but funny as hell:P.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,350Chief of Staff
    Connery would be M,Dalton would be a villain,umh Moore would be Q >_> etc..confusing i know but funny as hell:P.

(a) It ain't gonna happen

(b) It shouldn't happen

There have frequently been such rumours, one being that Connery would play Brosnan's dad, but they are always tabloid fodder. Partially this started when Connery played the baddie in The Avengers, which prompted journalists to speculate on him playing a Bond antagonist. "It would cost 'em!" was his quote at the time, which some chose to interpret as his not being against the idea. However, Connery has more or less retired, Moore spends most of his time on international charity work (all kudos to him), Dalton is very picky about his parts, and Brosnan still has a career independent of Bond.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent

So Craig would be Bond, Connery would be M, Dalton would be the villain, Moore would be Q, Brosnan would be Moneypenny, and Lazenby would the villain's henchman, right? :)) {:) :s
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    I think it would be fun for Bond fans to see any of the previous Bonds come back in a villian role (or maybe a long lost uncle or something).

Dalton is certainly the best actor of the bunch so I would second an approval on him. I thought Dalton was great as Bond but for whatever reason he didn't last. Again, good script = good movie. Poor script = poor movie.
    "I musht be dreaming."