Wrestling

ShawnShawn Posts: 21MI6 Agent
Hello i'm new to the forum. I've been a life long fan of James Bond and i'm also a life long fan of Wrestling.

I'll be on this forum a lot so I hope to make some friends.

You can also speak to me on my new Wrestling forum: http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=wwewrestling

Comments

• ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Iron Sheik has some funny anecdotes....let's get ready to HUM-BELL !!
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Is Iron Sheik you favourite wrestler?

My favourite wrestler has to be the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels.
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Long Live Jerry Lawler!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Back In The Day: Dick The Bruiser

Last 20 Years: Ric Flair

"Wooooooo!" B-) :D :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,392Chief of Staff
    Shawn wrote:
    Hello i'm new to the forum. I've been a life long fan of James Bond and i'm also a life long fan of Wrestling.

I think my boy is going to be pleased to make your acquaintance. Maybe tomorrow he'll say hello?
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Many favs really :

Hogan
    UT
    B & O Hart
    Jake Roberts

I like most 80s/90s wrestlers really

In remembrance : Bam Bam Bigelow & Bad News Brown :'(
    Barbel wrote:
    Shawn wrote:

I think my boy is going to be pleased to make your acquaintance. Maybe tomorrow he'll say hello?

Your boy, does he have a favourite Wrestler?

Your boy is very welcome to join my forum if he wants. {[]
    ohmss1969 wrote:
    Many favs really :

Hogan
    UT
    B & O Hart
    Jake Roberts

I like most 80s/90s wrestlers really

In remembrance : Bam Bam Bigelow & Bad News Brown :'(

Hulk Hogan and Bret and Owen Hart were great. Good to see both Bret and Hogan are in the Hall Of Fame. :)

My other favourite are Triple H, Batista, Undertaker, Kane and John Cena before he beat HBK 2 days ago at Wrestlemania 23. :))
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    hello Shawn, my fave wrestler is the Undertaker. I'll look at your site tomorrow
    :)You like the Undertaker, he has just become The World Heavyweight Champion. Well done Undertaker. He's a great wrestler. :)
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    remember virgil?anytime they had a new wrestler destined for big things,his first fight was always with virgil.and poor virgil used to always get the crap kicked out of him.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Quite like Hogan, Undertaker and DX. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
    Glad you like DX FelixLeiter007, Triple H is injured at the moment but is due to return to the ring in July this year. :)
    HBK is at the moment trying to win the WWE Championship from John Cena, he'll get it at Backlash. :)
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Don't know what wresting is like on tv these days, but I bet the outcome is still a foregone conclusion as it has been since the 60s. My grandmother used to watch it every Saturday, I used to read by Bond books.

The last wrestler I remember seeing that I could name was Shirley Crabtree (Big Daddy) and the only wrestler I remember wanting to watch was a big bloke that fought under the name of "Tosh Togo", I vaguely remember seeing a couple of his bouts in the 60s.
  • osskarosskar Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    its really fanatastic to find lots of fens of wwf. my favourite is AUSTIN and ROCK.Is their anyone who has seen live WWF
  • osskarosskar Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    hello its fantastic to see lots of wrestling fans.My favourite is AUSTIN AND ROCK.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    osskar wrote:
    .Is their anyone who has seen live WWF

I used to watch WWF years ago. I've also been to a few live shows. It's cool. You don't hear the annoucers. Before the show begins the ring annoucer (at the time Lillian Garcia) will tell you how much longer they have before they go live. They also warn you the opening is loud and has lots of flashes and "explosions" In between commercials is quiet. If a WWF commercial runs during the commercial break they usuall show it on the monitors in the arena. Lastly, when the show ends and goes off the air the crowd sometimes get's an extra couple of minutes of show.

I don't know how long you've been watching, but a few years back "The Rock" did a Rock Concert at one of the shows I went to. The show was in Sacremento, Californa. "The Rock" taunted the crowd with his short rendition of Sacremento here I come (sang to the theme of Kansas City here I come). I won't go into detail about the lyrics, but it was mentioned on a few radio shows the next morning. And after the show ended I'm surprised some fights didn't break out in the crowd. It was great fun though.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    I've only seen Wrestlemania 23 live on TV. I'll be going to see RAW live in October though. :)
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    Used to be a huge fan of it back in the mid to late 70's. Loved Bruno Sammartino, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Chief Jay Strongbow(a.k.a. Joe Scarpa)and Gorilla Monsoon and others of that era.
    Sad news today that Chris Benoit died aged 40.

He killed his wife and 7 year old son then killed himself.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited June 2007
    Shawn wrote:
    Sad news today that Chris Benoit died aged 40.

He killed his wife and 7 year old son then killed himself.

Quite beyond sad; it's sickening.

I enjoyed Benoit when he was part of the reincarnated 'Four Horsemen,' with Ric Flair, in the mid-late '90s...but this is horrible beyond words.

Regardless of his career, or what one thinks of what he did for a living, at the end of the day he's a murderer---and steroids are no excuse. If only he had just gone out and killed himself.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I agree, it was very selfish.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    I have read on other sites how they say that Benoit will be sorely missed and how upset they were of his passing...

...I say bull...

The man took the lives of his own family for God's sake and there is absolutely no excuse for that. It angers me to even think about it. Injecting his own seven year old son with steroids to make him bigger? It's just too monsterous to even fathom.

Please forgive me for speaking ill of the dead but the man was an idiot and a coward; I'd have had more respect for him if he had just off'ed himself. X-(
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Don't worry...as much as I liked him in the ring....I agree doing what he did he was a coward.....a 7 year old boy...I cryed reading about it.