Name your 3 fave Bond girl characters and why?

2»

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,285MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Picking only three is really tough but, based on looks alone...

Ursula Andress
    Halle Berry
    Luciana Paluzzi

... that way, I don't play any favorites and have all my bases covered: one blonde, one brunette, and one readhead. :D
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    So many women to choose from, it's literally an embarassment of riches.But pick only three?

Okay then...

1)Domino Derval of Thunderball-As played by Claudine Auger,she's easily the most beautiful woman in the entire series-in the sexiest movie of the series .Introduced as a playgirl and mistress to a racketeer,Domino's brave enough to go against her "benefactor" Emilio Largo,and helps James Bond discover the sunken aircraft and disclose the secret location of SPECTRE's nuclear devices.She'll never be compared to an Amazon warrior, but when the time comes,it's Domino who kills the evil Largo.

2)Pam Bouvier of Licence to Kill-Carey Lowell is excellent as the military brat who assists 007 in his mission of revenge without ever pausing to announce to the audience that she's Bond's "equal".Pam can pack a gun and fly a plane and she's better at certain things than 007 is--and can even verbally put him in his place.That's enough for her-she's comfortable with who she is.Pam's a fine ally for 007 and is an attractive romantic interest for him as well.

3)Fiona Volpe of Thunderball--as played by gorgeous Luciana Paluzzi,she's still the best femme fatale in the series.The prototype for Fatima Bush and Xenia Onatopp,Fiona's sexier than both of them combined, and is considerably more dangerous."The 'great' James Bond..." Fiona sneers prettily at the captive 007.Fiona's post coital evaluation of Bond's prowess as a lover is much more cutting than the laser beam he barely escaped in Goldfinger.She's a great character made memorable by an equally great actress.
  • SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Honey Rider - Iconic Bond girl and the first. Made bikini's what they are today. Had an essence of innocence within her in the film. Her past in the novel was that of an unfortunate one which made her character tough.

Pussy Galore - The name says it all. Not so quick to give into Bond's charm. A tough cookie to crack. She was a piolet and was authoritive.

Natalya Simonova - Didn't get the most beautiful outfits to wear but her personality was the beauty. Was alongside Bond all the way, a strong willed woman and wasnt afraid to say what she thought. Although she still was the damsel in distress. She had a balanced combination of the two.
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Surrie wrote:
    Honey Rider - Iconic Bond girl and the first. Made bikini's what they are today. Had an essence of innocence within her in the film. Her past in the novel was that of an unfortunate one which made her character tough.

Pussy Galore - The name says it all. Not so quick to give into Bond's charm. A tough cookie to crack. She was a piolet and was authoritive.

Natalya Simonova - Didn't get the most beautiful outfits to wear but her personality was the beauty. Was alongside Bond all the way, a strong willed woman and wasnt afraid to say what she thought. Although she still was the damsel in distress. She had a balanced combination of the two.
    JFF will be delighted to see you put Natalya in your top 3. :D I myself am delighted to see that Honey and Pussy are in your top 3. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    They deserved to be there! :)
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
  • dirtyharrysw44dirtyharrysw44 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Tatiana Romanova FTW
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Based on looks:

Anya Amasova in TSWLM
    Natalya Simonove in GE
    Tatiana Romanova in FRWL/Dr Christmans Jones (Tie)

Based on performance:

Fiona Volpe in TB
    Tiffany Case in DAF
    Rosa Klebb in FRWL if you consider her a Bond Girl
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    -Tracy in OHMSS
    -Tatiana Onatop in GE (I have my doubts ..)
    -Vesper in CR
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Wrong first name for Onatop I think ...
  • socalwiimansocalwiiman Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    pussy galore,tatiana romanova,christmas jones:)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Honey Rider - Sexy, original, unforgettable, and a classic.

Soilitaire - Mysterious, intriguing, cute, naiive, and sexy.

Melina Havelock - Gorgeous, ruthless, brave, has character, doesn't take crap off anyone.

Most definitely my three favourite Bond girls.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby