I write like a girl !

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.html

Female Score: 1078
Male Score: 489

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: female!

Full word analysis at bottom of the page.

Comments

• Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Female Score: 371
    Male Score: 1042

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

I've tried it with the last few work emails I've sent and a few posts on here, it doesn't seem to be in any doubt that I am indeed male!
    unitedkingdom.png
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Hmm, well, my feminine penmanship can still growl when it's cause for occasion. :v
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Well, I fed the entire text of While England's Dreaming into it, and it is resoundingly male - with the exception of chapters 3, 8, 12 and 15. I'm actually pretty pleased with that, because three of those chapters largely consist of women talking. So it seems I got their female voice right!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    My entry came back as female...I'll have to stop using those pesky give-away words like "if" "where" and "your" :s
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    edited April 2007
    Female score: 59
    Male score:178

And that was from a non-fiction musical review. I guess I'm in touch with my female side, then?
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Male: 1083
    Female: 1004

The thing I uploaded was my recent defense of AVTAK, so I am more male in my style of writing. :D
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Only just. A couple more with's and you'd be a girl.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm male!!!

Well, that exlains a few things recently .... :))
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Thank God someone else said it! Me too Lady Rose, everything I put in came out male, I am getting a complex! What do we have to put in to make it female.. the words "pink" and "estrogen"? :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    What do we have to put in to make it female.. the words "pink" and "estrogen"? :))

I'm in good company then Mo ;)

Maybe we should add the words,'fluffy','kitten' and 'shoes' just to be sure :))
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I'm male!!!

Well, that exlains a few things recently .... :))
    Monique wrote:
    Thank God someone else said it! Me too Lady Rose, everything I put in came out male, I am getting a complex!

Ladies, you say so as if it is a bad thing. Perhaps you've just been hanging around us gents a bit far too long.
    Monique wrote:
    What do we have to put in to make it female.. the words "pink" and "estrogen"? :))
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Maybe we should add the words,'fluffy','kitten' and 'shoes' just to be sure :))

Ah, dreadfully tinny words. :))

Personally I fail to see the connection between gender and prepositions, pronouns, and articles. :s ?:)

Anyway, my results came back quite similar to JFF's, a relative balance with a slight male dominance.

Based on these results you would think I was a ladies man. :(
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore