Favourite Simpsons Character

LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
What's yours? Mine has to be Mr. Burns: "Ever since the dawn of time man has dreamed of destroying the sun."

Or maybe comic store guy: "There is no emoticon to describe how I am feeling right now."

:))

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Nobody really stands out for me. All the characters are so great. Haven't seen The Simpsons since we lost Sky One.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    [img=http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/simpsons/moe.jpg]I always liked Moe the bartender. There are so many sides to his personality. The Moe we most often see is lonely and depressed. He is anxiously trying to find love and acceptance. He has low self esteem: "I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff." :)) Moe is also gullible and has a very violent side, as can be seen when Bart prank calls the bar. I love those scenes: "Seymour Butz," "Mike Rotch, "Amanda Huggenkiss," "Hugh Jass,"... :)) Moe falls for it everytime and often responds with a very elaborate and gruesome threat: "Listen, you. When I get a hold of you, I'm going to use your head for a bucket and paint my house with your brains!" :)) There are so many great characters, but Moe is one that first springs to mind.[/img][img=http://www.uticaod.com/community/halloffame/entertainment/images/use_frink_john.jpg]An honorable mention to Prof. Frink, a man who once got the attention of an entire conference of scientists by shouting "Pi is exactly 3!" :)) And of course we can't forget his most commonly used word "Glayven!"[/img]
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    To be honest, I've never been a fan of the show - don't get me wrong, I've tried to sit down and like it but it basically just passes the time. My son loves it and buys The Simpsons comics but that"s about it.

But FAMILY GUY & KING OF THE HILL are two shows I watch constantly.
    The latter being pretty much spot on with the mannerisms and ideals of the populace here since I've migrated down south. Creator Mike Judge just pokes fun at himself and other Texans and it works. Just hilarious. :))

king.gif

"Is there anything beer can't do?"
    -Hank Hill
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    To be honest, I've never been a fan of the show - don't get me wrong, I've tried to sit down and like it but it basically just passes the time. My son loves it and buys The Simpsons comics but that"s about it.

I love The Simpsons, though the last two or three seasons have been pretty forgettable. It's impossible for me to pick a favorite character. Homer, Krusty, Moe and Mr. Burns all leave me in stitches. I also love the secondary residents of Springfield like Duffman and Ranier Wolfcastle (a/k/a McBain!).

Hey Rogue, you mean to tell me you didn't even like this episode?
    simpsons1.jpg
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Hey Rogue, you mean to tell me you didn't even like this episode?
    simpsons1.jpg

I'm a huge The Prisoner fan, Tony...Of course I loved it. I have that episode somewhere on tape here. :))

Outside of a few other gem episodes in the series, it's basically not for me.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

I always liked Moe the bartender.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/42476/

:))
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Bart always stands out to me. :)
  • ScorupcoScorupco Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Homer's the first to pop into my head. :)
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Scorupco wrote:

Yeah, Homer's pretty awesome.

"Vampires? They're just make believe, like elves, gremlins and eskimoes."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Scorupco wrote:

Same here. It's probably because my I.Q. is at the same level as his. I'll do something stupid, get hurt, and finish it all off with a big, loud, D'Oh!!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    Dr. Hibbert for me. Absolutely hilarious.
    I remember one of his best lines from the episode where Mr. Smithers has been fired, and damages his back trying to work as a piano mover.

Mr. Smithers says, "Will I ever move a piano again?"

And Dr. Hibbert replies, after giving his token-chuckle, "Oh, my goodness gracious - NO!"

I was trying to find a clip of it on YouTube, but I couldn't find that precise moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKl8LQD8XQg
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Groundskeeper Willie for me. Just hillarious.

My second favourite is probably Lenny, big fan of him.

Mr Burns and Moe also get honourable mentions.

Sideshow Mel is a good, forgotten character I think.

Homer is very overrated. Don't get me wrong, he's very funny, but just overrated.

I don't like Bart at all, just don't find him funny.

Someone mentioned King Of The Hill - I love that show! Boomhauer is my favourite.

How about Futurama? The professor would get my vote for best character on that.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Mewtwo3090Mewtwo3090 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    I like Grounds keeper Willie, too.
    "Acckkkk! Keep off the grass!" :))
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Willie is my favorite. funny story. alright, so I was at my friend's house last summer, and we were out on her balcony watching some people work on the lawn of her appt. building. one of them we knew, and his name was Will. we immediatly ran back inside, grabbed paper and a sharpie. we proceeded to bombard him with notes that said 'groundskeeper willie!' all afternoon. we were hiding on the 3rd floor balcony, so he never saw us, but it was pretty funny. ;)

my second favs. would be prof fink, mayor quimby and moe. {[]

third is comic book guy, only cause I know a person EXACTLY like him...it's funny.

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com