The Living Daylights Helicopter

Incase anyone is intrested yesterday i was lucky to join pilot Rob Tierney as a Flying Technician on the G-Huey which was used as the medical helicopter in The Living Daylights.

The Huey has had some history as it was made in the 70s and was originally going to be used like many Huey's in Vietnam, but as there were so many it was sold Argentina.
It later served during the Falkands War and was bought over from Argentina. It was rebuilt and registered with the RAF Benevolent Fun and used to fly around at Air Shows.

It was later used in the Living Daylights as the white medical helicopter that takes Koskov from the Blayden house. It's been with different owners since and Rob has been tracking it and recently flying it again, helping and teaching the new owners.

There are only 3 Huey's in the UK that are flying and i was lucky enough to fly in one.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Sounds like you had a great time! Any pictures?
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Incase anyone is intrested yesterday i was lucky to join pilot Rob Tierney as a Flying Technician on the G-Huey which was used as the medical helicopter in The Living Daylights.

The Huey has had some history as it was made in the 70s and was originally going to be used like many Huey's in Vietnam, but as there were so many it was sold Argentina.
    It later served during the Falkands War and was bought over from Argentina. It was rebuilt and registered with the RAF Benevolent Fun and used to fly around at Air Shows.

It was later used in the Living Daylights as the white medical helicopter that takes Koskov from the Blayden house. It's been with different owners since and Rob has been tracking it and recently flying it again, helping and teaching the new owners.

There are only 3 Huey's in the UK that are flying and i was lucky enough to fly in one.

Were you in the M25/M11 area?If you were you flew over my son on his way to Stanstead airport,and he told me about a UH-1 flying over him when he got home.
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    Yer we took off from an airfield in Harlow area - cant remember the exact location but it was on the way to Stanstead airport and around the M25/11 area - that was us!

The Huey has now been painted green by the new owners. I do have photos and will put them up on my site - when i do i'll post on here