Missing Soundtracks?

diVicenzodiVicenzo Posts: 24MI6 Agent
Would anyone know if there are official soundtracks for LTK and TND? I cannot seem to find a soundtrack for either film. ?:)

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Yes there are and they can be bought from any reputable on-line marketplace.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    diVicenzo wrote:
    Would anyone know if there are official soundtracks for LTK and TND? I cannot seem to find a soundtrack for either film. ?:)

Yes, there is an official soundtrack for both films. The best way to track them down would be to search the internet. I bought mine personally from Amazon, but I would imagine that Ebay might have them as well. Happy hunting! :)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    The LTK soundtrack was pretty weak - there are ALOT of missing cues. Also, the pre titles music manages to be split over 4 of the 6 instrumental tracks. Or is it 5. Its alot, anyway. Fortunetly the soundtrack contains the song "Dirty Love" woooo!

As for TND, there are in fact 2 soundtracks floating around. 1 with most of the music up till going to Vietnam, and another with only the instrumental music (or most of it) for the entire flick.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    TND is worth getting, it has (White Knight, Surrender, Backseat Driver, Kowloon Bay, etc.) but LTK is worthless. Nothing redeems it, except 'If You Asked Me To'.
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    I think that soundtrack should have more tracks (it only has 10) i prefer the Gunbarrel, maybe one of kamen tracks (i thik is named ninja) and of course "if you asked me to"
    I made up my own TND soundtrack on iTunes which combines the two albums. Its a shame, if EON had made one I'd have bought that. Guess they didnt want my money.

I also have a very heavy Die Another Day score.
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    taity, what do you mean by heavy?
    That the original score had about 15 tracks on it, but mine seems to have closer to 44.
    In my opinion, the only good tracks there are on DAD are Some Kind of Hero (because it rehashes Koskov Escapes and May Day Bombs Out), Welcome to Cuba (because it's so fun to listen to), A Touch of Frost (because the techno actually sounds good here) and Antonov (PIPELINE PART 2!!!!).
    I suppose that depends on if you heard the rather nasty edit released on CD, or if you have the full score. for example the surfing music at the begining was good, as was the sword fight. Much was added to the Cuban section of the movie - such as the wheelchair guitar section and when Bond arrives at the Isla Organos.

Perhaps JFF, you should attempt to listen to the full score somehow...
    What's that word again? Ah!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff
    I've said this before, but I believe that the record companies (and I'm well aware that there is a conglomerate mess of ownerships, copyrights, and so on) are missing an opportunity here for a "Bond Rarities" album- or even box set.

There's definitely a market for this, as proven by Silva Screen's success with their Nic Raine reconstructions (re-released several times now).

As we know, the average Bond film runs around two hours and a CD can hold 80 minutes of music. Some of the Bond OSTs (particularly the remasters) manage to fill that, some don't, but that still leaves plenty of music left over even without counting remixes, alternate takes and so on.

The trouble is it's too easy for the record companies to cobble together a "Best Of" with little originality but guaranteed sales, while unissued soundtrack recordings are seen as a minority market. Oh well, hope springs eternal!
    taity wrote:
    I suppose that depends on if you heard the rather nasty edit released on CD, or if you have the full score. for example the surfing music at the begining was good, as was the sword fight. Much was added to the Cuban section of the movie - such as the wheelchair guitar section and when Bond arrives at the Isla Organos.

Perhaps JFF, you should attempt to listen to the full score somehow...

Well I only have the 15 tracks, not the 44 that you have, but of those, these are my favorite. I mean what beats Pipeline? Very few things. One day I'll have to list my favorite soundtrack "moments" on here and I'll bet that Pipeline will make the top 3.
    I think there are a lot of missing soundtrack indeed, i bean, not in itunes but in CDs...

DAD choose to put three or more videos of Madoona doing the video, commenting the video, and took away the opportunity to let Arnold put some other music.

i like whiteout because is a fast theme (i like it to drive aggressively) and the movie itself hasn't a bad soundtrack, but is not enough.

Sadly, is not the first time it happens to Arnold. it just happened with CR...

The problem (or how I see it) is simple, everybody wants to hear the main themes, probably another special like 007 or welkome to cuba, but they doesnt release some cd like the best slow Bond tracks or 007: Music to Kill...

By the way, how many remastered tracks have been released?
    Johmss wrote:

267. Odd question...
    Barbel wrote:
    Johmss wrote:

267. Odd question...

Sorry, my bad... hoy many official soundtracks has been remastered and...well, give more songs... i know TLD and FYEO.... are there more? which are?

267 is the total of Bond songs?
    Technically, all of them till TLD and GE were remastered - however, not all of them were extended (remastering does not equal extending). Only 5 has soundtracks previously unavialable in the 2003 re-release. Plus 2 - FYEO and TLD were extended a lot earlier. Goldfinger's newest CD release is also longer, but all it did was to combine music from the British and American release.
    Johmss wrote:
    267 is the total of Bond songs?

No, 267 is the total of Bond tracks that have been remastered, which was your question. They appear on the albums Cat quoted above.
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:
    Goldfinger's newest CD release is also longer, but all it did was to combine music from the British and American release.

Btw, the Best of Bond 30th anniversary collector's 2CD edition already contained the missing GF tracks and TB score part 2, along with the alternate title songs that are not on the remastered TB CD.
  • willhardcorewillhardcore Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    This is true. I noticed songs missing from the TND and TWINE soundtracks, and it appears that the CR soundtrack is missing tunes, as well.

What is up with this??? I do like the CR soundtrack, also, but it's tough to pay for something when you're not getting everything you should.

I found some missing TND tracks online at:

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/davidarnold/

"The Special 1999 Release of Tomorrow Never Dies has a separate audio track. Only music is heard. Nice feature. I wish it was on all DVD's."
    This is true. I noticed songs missing from the TND and TWINE soundtracks, and it appears that the CR soundtrack is missing tunes, as well.

What is up with this??? I do like the CR soundtrack, also, but it's tough to pay for something when you're not getting everything you should.

I found some missing TND tracks online at:

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/davidarnold/

"The Special 1999 Release of Tomorrow Never Dies has a separate audio track. Only music is heard. Nice feature. I wish it was on all DVD's."

Uhm... The already overlong CR is perhaps the only soundtrack where you can buy every last note of the soundtrack. iTunes has released the complete score. Otherwise every soundtrack has missing cues - "shock, horrors" - that's just how it goes. Life is cruel.
  • Bonding for todayBonding for today Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    No, not every note of the CR soundtrack is on CD or iTunes!!! Most film versions of the music tracks differ to those from the soundtrack, e.g. "Blunt Instrument"'s ending and the sequence in "African Rundown" where Bond jumps from the construction site to the crane...
    Sigh... With this mentality, there hasn't been a single note of score released ever. Every movie version differs from every soundtrack version of any given track of any soundtrack. If you are a freakish maniac you can work with things, but the people who are capable of doing this spend their times releasing great new scores instead of ruining already existing material...
  • AGENT57AGENT57 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    I have seen LTK in HMV recently.
    TND and DAD are very hard to find nowadays.
    I did see the 19 track version of TND going for £40.00 on Amazon....