Placing Bonds in different films

2»

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    And I'm irritatingly smug? :v You're learning, my young apprentice {[]

You have to fight fire with fire. {[]
    As with my own opinion of Moore's Bond, you'll grudgingly give Craig credit for a few scattered Bondian moments during his tenure...perhaps you'll enjoy his movies, to one (lesser) degree or another...but make no mistake: you're waiting for the next guy---and the sooner the better, as far as you're concerned...

Trust me, I know. Been there, done that B-)

"I find the parallel amusing." :D I guess we can now finally share in each other's pain, though inflicted by different eras. {[]

Ah well, at least I won't have to wait 14 years for change! :D
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Ah well, at least I won't have to wait 14 years for change! :D

Quite right :# :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Good points all---which, to me, secure's Brozzer's place as a 'Greatest Hits'-type Bond; he did it all, to one degree or another, in four films. Nothing wrong in that.

I'd have loved to see Sir Roger play Bond in Licence to Kill (provided he wasn't 58 at the time!)---his portrayal of Sean, the mercenary soldier, in 'Wild Geese' was brilliant---proof that he was capable of being truly threatening and dangerous...but he simply didn't think it right for Bond. Dalton could have done TB, IMRO...Sean in OHMSS is the real tester (could've been brilliant, if he'd been up for it, but it's academic in retrospect)...Craig in MR...?

Actually, I think Craig should go into space in his final (5th or 6th) 007 outing...the 'organization' in which Le Chiffre and Mr. White turn out to be bit players has its final headquarters on the dark side of the moon...how perfect to have the most 'grounded' Bond finish off in a one-sixth gravity pursuit of the villainous CEO, through an eternally hidden mountain moonscape...

Laugh if you want :)) It can work...and it'll probably happen, at some point :v

Hey, read my DAD rewrite where Daniel Craig (as villain Dr. Michel) controls the weather from his space platform by rotating a big metal disc. Now THERE's outlandish.

So I didn't improve the plot much there, but I did improve Halle Berry's Jinx by toning her down, making her bad, and renaming her Corazon Santiago.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:
    There are many different senarios regarding this topic that I've thought of over the years, but the most interesting one to me would be Timothy Dalton in GE. The GE script, afterall, was written with the assumption that Dalton would be returning. The film would've suited Dalton's Bond like a glove and would have been an excellent way for him to gracefully bow out of the series.
    Brosnan was great in GE but I will always dream of the film the way it was meant to be-Starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond 007!

Perhaps its poster would look like this-

http://007art.free.fr/mygalleries/arternative/goldalton1.htm

Yeah, totally. I've been to that sight before and every time I see that poster it gives me chills thinking of the possibilities.
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:
    Andy A 007 wrote:
    There are many different senarios regarding this topic that I've thought of over the years, but the most interesting one to me would be Timothy Dalton in GE. The GE script, afterall, was written with the assumption that Dalton would be returning. The film would've suited Dalton's Bond like a glove and would have been an excellent way for him to gracefully bow out of the series.
    Brosnan was great in GE but I will always dream of the film the way it was meant to be-Starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond 007!

Perhaps its poster would look like this-

http://007art.free.fr/mygalleries/arternative/goldalton1.htm

Yeah, totally. I've been to that sight before and every time I see that poster it gives me chills thinking of the possibilities.

This one does too.

http://007art.free.fr/mygalleries/arternative/goldalton2.htm

I wish he do one with Dalton in FYEO and a massively rewritten AVTAK.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I think this one takes the cake

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object/1840/48/n2254549748_34259.jpg

Roger Moore as Ian Fleiming's James Bond 007 in Die Another Day
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,725MI6 Agent
    Haha! That's great!
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    I remember a bit of speculation in the early nineties about doing Colonel Sun with Timothy Dalton. It wouldn't have been a bad idea and the start of the book would have fitted the end of LTK. Bond goes to see M and stumbles into a kidnap etc.