Bond Ringtone

JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
I think this isn't the right place to put this, but, it is related with music. Here it goes:

I recently put in my mobile phone a piece of "Blunt Instrument" (the piece that you can hear in Ford's commercial in CR).. i like it, i also have the recurrent piece or "007" as my ringtones... they are Bond soundtracks that sound awesome when someone call me, and everybody looks strange...

I was thinking... besides the three obvious Bond Songs (Dr. No, OHMSS, and GF) that everybody has in their celluar, which one woud you like (or have) i mean, in the entire soundtrack.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,386Chief of Staff
    My last mobile (which is what we call them in the UK) played GF; my current one plays DAD (not my choice at all, but too long a story to go into here).
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Well it sounds like a funny story. ;)
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    My last mobile (which is what we call them in the UK) played GF; my current one plays DAD (not my choice at all, but too long a story to go into here).

The first 30 seconds are great for a ringtone, but when she sings... i don't feel it, anyhow is your mobile... you sound ashamed, you shouldn't be.

and when it sounds... what is the people's response?
    Johmss wrote:
    you sound ashamed, you shouldn't be.

and when it sounds... what is the people's response?

(1) Hardly ashamed, but it wouldn't be my first choice (though possibly my 25th or so*).

(2) My friends & family aren't surprised that my phone plays a Bond tune, and I'm not worried about other peoples response.

*21 Bond themes and 2 unofficial ones, plus tunes such as "007", "MKBB", "WHATTITW"...
    And The Look of Love, Make It Last All Night, Une Chanson D'Amour, Where Has Everybody Gone, If There Was a Man, If You Asked Me To, The Experience of Love (your favorite ;)), Surrender and that crappy Scott Walker song.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Anything but Nina's "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown."

"They need sunshine and raindrops,
    friendship and kindness,
    and most of all they need love"

Now that, would be embarassing. :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    The Experience of Love (your favorite ;))

:)) Blecch!
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Anything but Nina's "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown." :))

Definitely the worst Bond song John Barry has ever written (so, streets ahead of "Die Another Day" then)!
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    My cellphone plays the James Bond theme when someone calls me. It usually evokes a smile and even some comments like "that's cool".
    Barbel wrote:
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Anything but Nina's "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown." :))

Definitely the worst Bond song John Barry has ever written (so, streets ahead of "Die Another Day" then)!

I really am the defender of all hated Bond themes, I always thought the song was kind of nice. Now, I'm embarrassed. ;%

I also don't mind DAD all that much. The Bond songs that I don't like are TB, TMWTGG, LTK, TND and the film version of YKMN.
    The Bond songs that I don't like are TB, TMWTGG, LTK, TND and the film version of YKMN.

Do you mean TND as in Sheryl Crow (in which case {[] ) or TND ("Surrender") as in kd lang?
    TND Sheryl Crow obviously, I like the kd Lang tune, she's a bit weird, but the song is beautiful. In my latest GE rescore, which may come out as limited release, (ugh, YouTube and MGM kicked me off!) I may use the Surrender-inspired Kowloon Bay for Trevelyan's spiel in the Statue Park.
    I really am the defender of all hated Bond themes, I always thought the song was kind of nice. Now, I'm embarrassed. ;%

Didn't think it was possible JFF, but i think you've sunk to a new low. :))

Le Chiffre's a fan of simple methods of torture. Here's an idea: lock a man in a room and play "Christmas Trees" non-stop over a loud speaker. The man surely is bound to crack, that is if he doesn't kill himself first! :))

-Roger Moore
    If I were Le Chiffre, I'd force Bond to watch LTK, and then he would definitely go absolutely insane, more harm than 'Christmas Trees' and evil Scottish bagpipers ever could. ;)
    I guess if all else fails, lock a man in a room with a wound up JFF having just witnessed an attack on AVTAK. If all goes to plan, the man should be successfully ranted to death. :D

-Roger Moore
    Or Tee Hee after a Roger Moore attack. ;)

Yes, you are right, me after witnessing an AVTAK attack would not be a pleasant sight.
    Tee Hee wrote:
    lock a man in a room and play "Christmas Trees" non-stop over a loud speaker. The man surely is bound to crack, that is if he doesn't kill himself first! :))

Sorry Tee Hee, but the man (if he was I) would probably loves Christmas.

it would be a funny December ringtone.

But that's what i was talking about... there's no need to be a Bond Hardcore, soft core or core fan at all, "any thug" can have it, and probably everybody finds it out, but another track, like JJF's ski, run, jump would be great.
  • diVicenzodiVicenzo Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    My ringtone is from Goldfinger, i think the track is called 'Into Miami', right at the start of the film. Superb.
  • AGENT57AGENT57 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    For receiving a text, go for something subtle

The first 6 seconds of "Additional and Alternate Cues" from DAF
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    I had the Berry Bond them but as I have up graded my phone All I could find is the new version of LALD by Sir Paul.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    at the moment, mine's YKMN because my phone is aweful at having cool ringtones...X-(

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Pendragon wrote:
    at the moment, mine's YKMN because my phone is aweful at having cool ringtones...X-(

~Pen -{

Is a good option, the first strings sound great... if it is the chorus, is like Blunt instrument. Is not that bad choice.
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    go figure, after I buy the tone, I find out that my phone only plays half the song....X-( *sigh*

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • jhonnydeepjhonnydeep Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hi thanks for the informations. i would like to have the James bond ringtone in my mobile phone. where can i get the ringtone for my Nokia N 72 mobile phone. one issue with my mobile phone. while i bought this it was locked and i unlocked it here www.theunlockarena.com and using with At & T network., is it possible to download ringtones in unlocked mobile phones?