THIS WEEKEND James Bond North East Gathering

The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
BondGatheringInvitation.JPG

It is that time again. I am putting together a modest Bond gathering of fans and collectors and I wanted to see what date was best for you...May 19th or May 26th. Both are on a Saturday. As a reminder I am located about 30 minutes north of Philadelphia.

The day will start around lunch time to give people plenty of time to travel and will include food, fun and anything Bond. There will be a swap meet time as well as informal discussions and of course the opportunity to show off or see Bond collectables. In addition we will try to have a few surprises for everyone. Please let me know what date is best and if you will be attending so I can put you on a formal invite list.....

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Are flights and transfers included. ;)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Absolutely.....as long as the flight is from Trenton NJ....
    Looks like we are honing in on a date with thus far about eight people coming....would love more if you can get to the area...
    James BUMP
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Anyone from NYC planning to attend this gathering?
    One week away for those of you who were on the fence....here is a little about it:

Good morning,

I am very excited to see old friends and looking forward to making new ones. I also thought it would be helpful to give some fair balance for some of you who have not attended these to let you know what this is and more importantly what it isn't.

This is NOT a "party" where Bond fans get together and watch movies and eat Cheetos in awkward silences. This is NOT a mass of people in a convention like setting that have a small affinity to James Bond and very little connective tissue beyond that. This is NOT a gathering of bumbling 'geeks' that have little to no social skills ouitside of the warm, "safe" glow of their monitors.

This IS a small, intimate group of friends connected by their appreciation of Bond, the collectables, and search for more. This IS a great time to discuss stories, trials and hunts for the Bond treasures we collect and want. This IS a wonderful sharing of goodies and perhaps swapping of said collectables in a home atmosphere where good food, drinks etc will be served. In fact, the only difference between this and a party you would attend in your neighborhood is the fact that EVERYONE in the room knows your favorite topic- Bond. More importantly this is a safe harbor to discuss your passion without parameters.

I am thoughful of the fact that this is Memorial Day Weekend but since you will be spending 3/4 with family surely you deserve a little down time with friends. These gatherings happen all too infrequently so I hope to see all of you there. Please let me know if you have any questions about travel etc.

-{

David Zaritsky
    For those that have emailed you should have received address and more details...please let me know if you have not received....thanks. {[]
  • 037 Scaramanga037 Scaramanga FloridaPosts: 160MI6 Agent
    Have fun guys i wish i could make it but this weekend was not good for me, maybe next time.

vesper's anyone -{