THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

natedawgnatedawg Posts: 4MI6 Agent
I think that the best movie ever, other than the James Bond movies, would be the Ace Ventura movies. They are constant laughter.

what do you guys think? send me back a comment

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Everyone has different fav's. Mine would either be The Rock or Pulp Fiction.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Welcome Natedawg! {[]

Best movie ever?

Extremely hard question to answer, but "It's A Wonderful Life" definitely comes to mind. This film just delivers such a great message.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    I say the Indiana Jones trilogy. love love LOVE Harrison Ford :x :x :x :x

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    Ace Ventura? :))

Casablanca is the best movie ever
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Hands down my favortie movie of all time is Pulp Fiction . I don't think anything will ever top this masterpiece.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    My all-time favourite film, and a candidate for the title of 'best film ever,' is The Godfather, followed by The Godfather Part II. Both are absolute masterpieces and would surely be near the top of any 'best film' list. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    My all-time favourite film, and a candidate for the title of 'best film ever,' is The Godfather, followed by The Godfather Part II. Both are absolute masterpieces and would surely be near the top of any 'best film' list. :D

Roger that. I don't know which movie is "best." But those two would make my list of favorites. I'll even forgive Coppola for mucking up what I consider one of the great endings in film history in Godfather II by making Godfather III.

There are an awful lot of other movies, from Casablanca to the 400 Blows and Vertigo that would be make the list, too. There are two many films to pick a single one that is the "best."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    I'd have to go for the LOTR trilogy. I realise I'm leaving myself open to argument over the whole business of whether this is one big film or three distinct ones, but IMO this is one huge film split into three for purely practical reasons (unlike, say, the Godfather). It genuinely transports the viewer into a different world.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Speaking of transportation to another world...

My favourite---if I must pick one---remains Stanley Kubrick's brilliant "2001: A Spacy Odyssey"...IMO, art captured on film.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    Now that's a good film! Don't know about "best ever" though.
  • natedawgnatedawg Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    what is the ZGG?
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=12222520

Looks like some wizards or something.
  • scglrmtdpbdc007scglrmtdpbdc007 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    thats easy Scarface
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    thats easy Scarface

Nice choice. One of my favorites. Great, OTT performance by Al Pacino (who continues to give OTT performances -- unfortunately in films where they aren't appropriate).
    I'm assuming you mean the modern version. If you haven't already seen it, you should check out the 1932 Scarface with Paul Muni. In its day, it was a very scandalous, Howard Hughes exploitation film. I always thought Pacino's performance was a bit of an "homage" to Muni's. There was a lot of humor in his Tony Montana, too.
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    thats easy Scarface
    ....NO
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I had a hard time choosing. I thought about 'Citizen Kane, so often voted the greatest film of all time, but personally I don't think that's even the best film Orson Welles made, let alone the best ever. 'Vertigo,' might do it. There are so many others, but after much deliberation, I settled on

'Emmanuelle 2.' :))

Just kidding. E2 is only the second best film ever made.

'Chinatown,' would be my choice, if forced to make one.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    John Drake wrote:
    'Chinatown,' would be my choice, if forced to make one.
    What a brilliant film. Certainly on my top 5 list.

Gun to head, however, I would vote North By Northwest as my alltime favorite.
    Hilly...you old devil!